New case help! URGENT!

ptwick

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
I i recently got my case the cooler master haf 912 case and i have a but of trouble. I installed the motherboard (should i make sure the screws are very tight?) in the case. My motherboard is a Pegatron Corporation Benicia 1.01, and i dont know where to plug in the jumper cables (like to make the front leds, power reset buttons and usbs). I cant find the mauel i think someone may have thrown them out! I dont know what to do!I dont know where to putthe cables in, well i know what panel it is but i dont know how to put to cables in like which jumper goes into which pin! the only one i managed to turn on was the power button. Can some please help me get this to work it will be greatly appriciated.
These are the jumper cables i have (i dont know i think that is what they are called)
Pwr switch 2 pins go in that one
reset switch 2 pins go in that one
HDD led 2 pins go in that one.
And 2 single pin led cables!
and where do i plug the usb think in?, do i have to install like a driver with it or something? cant seem to get it to work!
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01324212&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3686671#
I think that is my mobo.
NEED MY PC TO WRITE ESSAY AND LAB REPORTS DUE TMR PLZ HELP!
It is a mobo from a hp computer

ptwick

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
it does say a few things, at the bottom it ssays hold reset
i can make out a few things like PWRBTN, i think that is power button lol. and i think something else says pled, but that about all that says there.

CopaMundial

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
If you need the PC to finish your homework then the only think you need from the front panel on the case right now is the power button to work. If you've got that much then close up the case, finish your homework, and mess with the rest later.

Front panel USB ports should connect to the USB headers down in the area where the SATA and other front panel header connectors are located.

Rear USB ports are directly wired into the motherboard. What USB devices have you tested?

ptwick

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
lemme see what i can find. also it does not show me the drives of the front 2 usb ports like itususally would if you open computer tab. Also the thumb drive and ipod cable both work on my other computer. Is there a chance that it changed in the bios. another thing i tihink ou should know is that i changed my computer case.

ptwick

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
what graphics card you reccomend i get for my pc i have a q8200 processsor 4 gigs of fast ram can i can add 2 gigs of slower ram. i dont wanna pay to much and i wanna have a great card

ptwick

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
i have 22inch monitor with a native of 1600 x 1050
700 watt cooler master psu
I currently have the 9500 gs
i have 4 gigs of some nice ddr2 ram, then i also have another 2 gigs of older slower ram but i didnt put those in cuz i thought it was affecting my performance.

Mixing fast and slow RAM usually has the effect of making it all run slow.

With a 1680x1050 monitor something like a GeForce GTS 450 or HD 5770 would do nicely.
Either one will be a nice upgrade over the 9500GS.

What's your budget for the video card? The PSU can support the $300+ video cards.