Custom gaming pc review please..

flooosh

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX
-$199

ASRock 870 EXTREME3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Acer H243Hbmid 24" Widescreen HD LCD Monitor - 1920 x 1080, 40000:1 Dynamic, 2ms, HDMI, DVI, VGA, Energy Star, Tilt Mount, HDCP, w/ Speakers
-$200
what video card should i get? i want a pretty good one to play games on verry high setting and be able to crossfire or whatever so i could buy another one later when games come out in the future with better graphics.

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
i was at first gonna go with this hard drive but thought it might be better to buy a fast rpm internal hard drive and a bigger capacity external hard drive. i wasn't sure though if i could like store games on the external and play them using the faster hard drive or shome *** like that i dont really know what im talking about. sugestions on what hard drive or drives is hould buy would be cool

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL

COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case OR Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case not sure which i should get
-$99

ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
-$18.99

are these parts all compatable and what should i change with my setup. and how much power does my psu need and what one should i buy. i heard new egg is where i should get my parts so yeeee.

At that resolution you should check out the 6950 1GB if you don't plan to overclock. As for if you plan to overclock the 560 ti would be a smart choice.

What's your budget not inlcuding monitor?

If it's 1K, check out my build in my siggy. That'll work out just nicely.

G

First, what is your budget on the graphics card so that we can tell you what to get and how much power you will need?
AND stick to AMD/ATI because your mobo is Crossfire not SLI.

AND your CPU won't bottleneck any of these cards-

The absolute BEST you can get FOR:

For $360 you can get TWO 6850s in Crossfire for $180 each. (What I recommend)

For $275 you can get ONE 6950.

For $250 you can get ONE 6870.

For $180 you can get ONE 6850.

For $130 you can get ONE 5770.

These are the best graphics cards for the money according to Tom's Hardware and ME as well as some other sites.

For a Case, I think you should take a look at the NZXT Tempest EVO, you may like it, it's my favorite sub $100 mid tower. If you don't like the EVO, the Antec 900 has better air flow to all components however the Storm Scout looks better in my opinion, it's also black on the inside, in addition the Scout cools your graphics card better.

About the hard drives, if you install games on an external hard drive, they can still only be played on the computer you installed them on, and they would perform bad and load SLOW because external hard drives use the USB interface which is nothing compared to the internal SATA interface, even USB 3.0 is too slow.

A SSD drive is too expensive and costs $120 for 60GB so I think you should just get a 1TB Caviar Black with Sata 6-Gbps and 64MB cache, a SSD drive won't improve game performance, it will only improve loading times and searching through files, copying, and OS boot times,

It's not worth the money because you can spend that money on a good graphics card, every thing else is good but you should really get an aftermarket CPU cooler for overclocking, the Hyper 212+ is the best cheap one, it only costs $30, with that you can over clock your CPU to over 4Ghz if you have air conditioning, if not 3.6-3.8 is possible.

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
How set are you on that CPU? The 6-cores won't really provide a performance boost over the phenom II 4 core CPUs like the 955/65/70. I'd recommend getting a phenom 955 and just OC the puppy up. This way you can spend a bit more cash on the video card and still have the same performance for gaming.

http://www.antec.outervision.com/ provides a rough guesstimate as to how many watts your rig will consume.