dlmoore821

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
This system was originally an older MSI AMD Athlon system. I just unplugged the HD’s from the two original motherboard IDE ports and plugged them into the new single IDE port motherboard. I removed the CD drive from one of the IDE ports and installed a new one on an SATA port. I then reinstalled Windows XP with the repair option. There is plenty of HD disk space left on both drives. I have updated the motherboard drivers with Live Update 5. These actions were all done on a motherboard purchased late in December.

I am having problems with 3 or 4 software and hardware installs with this new system. Everything like MS Office Professional, Live Update 5, Adobe Reader works fine except;

Pinnacle Studio DC10 PCI card will not install. Ran the DC10 install program several times. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Studio software and DC10 components. The install does not report any problems, it just won’t install the DC10.

Google Earth will not run in directx mode but runs in OpenGL just fine.

Flight Simulator X with all the patches won’t run in directx mode. I have run dxdiag and it reports no problems. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

I am baffled. Are these problems somehow related? Is this a Phenom issue and I just haven’t figured that out yet? All my other motherboards have had Athlon processors.

I have probably left out some important information somewhere so don’t be bashful in asking or telling me.

Motherboard MSI model 760GM-E51 (MS-7596)
CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1035T
RAM 4.0GB Dual Channel DDR3
Pinnacle Systems DC10Plus installed in the last PCI slot.

dlmoore821

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Yes.