Increasing vram done

G

Hello,
hi, I was until recently able to play games on computer until one "Assassins Creed" threw me out of the game. I did'nt think too much of it as it had happened before. i went into control panels windows experience to see if i could improve my score about a quarter of the way through i shut the computer down as i had to go somewhere, when i powered up windows(7 64bit) i noticed random speech marks on the loadup screen and could not play games at all and device manager could not allow drivers and had a "code 43" with exclamation mark in yellow background.to cut this short i removed and reinstalled video card from motherboard checked all cables uninstalled video drivers and reinstalled latest from nvidia that currently stand at 260.99, reinstalled win7,checked event log, checked directx that did not see any drivers video card name (alpha dogs 8800gt 1gb) direct draw acceleration ,3d acceleration and agp all not available. Called up xfx and support said from the sound of it the vram has gone. is there any coming back from this if this is the case,or if not can some tell me how to remedy this problem as have not had this happen with any other card or have i just been lucky before. any help appreciated