Ground Attack order

Sparrow

For the third time my "Capture!" now failed on an enemy HW, due to the
other base attacking first. I would like to better understand what is
happening, as this is most annoying for me.

In Gabor's posting here in the newsgroup it says:
"...Host throws a dice and decides where in the row of players he
begins to browse and search increasingly (!) for a base in mode 1 on
the given planet..."
I understand that with 2 players on the planet each has a 50-50 chance
to attack first. However, that is only true if this is decided for each
planet individually. If the dice is thrown first and then host goes
thru the list of all planets to see if that player attacks, then the
player # is very significant.

The scenario:
I'm player #2, enemy is player #10. Both bases are set to "Capture!". I
have vastly more troops and would win lefthanded - if only I can attack
first. Chances that one attackes 3 times out of three is 12.5% or 1:8.
If I'm not successfull next turn again, then it is 6.25% or 1:16. :-(

So what do you think? Is everything as it should be and I'm just
unlucky?

Further question to the community:
Should the majority of the attacker come into play for
"CrushKillDestroy" and "Capture" like it is for "Attack and Run" or ist
the rush back penalty already enough and one has to be patient?

Thanks

All I can say is, I've used it in real games and it seemed to work.
Wouldn't be too diffcult to sim though. Just set up several bases and
see the outcome. (Post here if you find the time to do it, please).

- Skies

FOR modeSwitch = 3 TO 4
countz = 0
countk = 0
z = 1 + (RND * 29)
IF RND > .5 THEN
direction = 1
ELSE
direction = -1
END IF

'z = 29
'direction = 1

DO
z = z + direction
countz = countz + 1
IF z < 1 THEN z = 30
IF z > 30 THEN z = 1
If m8_baselist(z) > 0 THEN

I would say, you are just more lucky in the love at the moment...