HD5850 not working all of the sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshyua

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
I have a 730W PSU with 2 PCI-E connectors, which both are connected to my HD5850. It was working fine until today. When both connectors are plugged in, the 3 of CPU_phase LEDs on my motherboard will light up, and the computer was working fine. However, today, out of the blue, it is not working. I can't boot, even tho nothing has changed. the CPU_phase LEDs only had two, no three. When I turn on my computer, I get the bios screen, but won't get to windows.
I do not believe it is my PSU at this point, since it was working perfectly just earlier today.

please help.

thank you.

Solution
Post your full specs.

Reset the CMOS by taking out the circular shape battery on the mobo, do it carefully using a flat-head screwdriver, wait about an hour then put it back in, or just use the jumper on the mobo, but that depends on each model.

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
Post your full specs.

Reset the CMOS by taking out the circular shape battery on the mobo, do it carefully using a flat-head screwdriver, wait about an hour then put it back in, or just use the jumper on the mobo, but that depends on each model.

Solution

joshyua

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

Thank you for the advice. I posted my stats. after I waited and put the battery back in, I still cannot boot, it says NT Detect error and issues with boot.ini
i guess that i will have to reinstall my windows.

full specs including brand/model of your PSU..... NT detect error sounds like bad MBR/bad hard drive. You could run an MBR fix tool and CHKDSK tool booting from a CD. But yes, a windows reinstall will fix it...if your hard drive is not stuffed. I would run a full hard drive diagnostic free for download from the hard drive manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.