WTF F6 Floppy disk utility????

ziggysthenazz

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hi all,

I ran the driveragent.com program recommended by the gigabyte website to make sure all my drivers were installed. It's giving me a big X at the:

-Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 1C08

-Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 1C00

I wasn't sure why that was so I tired reinstalling the drivers (I'm using the gigabyte z68xp-ud3 motherboard). When I get to the SATA RAID Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and try to run it, it says "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." I then go to the read me and it's talking about having to use the F6 floppy disk utility?? What is this??? Am I seriously supposed to go find a floppy drive and load something from that???

Thanks in advance,
Max

Gh0s7y

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
First of all, I would not recommend driver agent...
Second of all, what operating system are you using?
Did you try installing it with the driver agent program or by yourself? If 1st, try manually. If that doesn't work, you probably need to reinstall Windows, but then integrate the driver in the installation with nLite, it's free and works great.

Otherwise, if you can find a floppy drive, hell yeah, use that :D

Just reinstall the OS, since it seems that you've just set up the rig, that shouldn't be to much of a pain.
Remember to disable all the stuff you're not planning to use in the BIOS before you get to the installing OS again.
If you're not using the RAID functions, disable them in the BIOS itself.
Setup the OS and then let windows Update do the driver searching and installing if it needs to.
Avoid using the Gigabyte disc, use it only to install a particular driver if required and do that by selecting the package to be installed by browsing the Disc, not by going thru the fancy UI that autoruns.....from the disc.

ziggysthenazz

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
I just used driver agent for the scan, not for installing anything.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

nLite replaces the floppy? Why do they make you use a floppy anyway?

Also everything else runs fine from what I can tell, do I even need to do this? I'm running one SSD off of a SATA3 port and a RAID 1 off of 2 GSATA3 ports...

Thanks for your help!

Forget the driveragent and tell me if u have any problems with your PC?

ziggysthenazz

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Yeah that's the thing, there's nothing noticeably wrong. Autocad is behaving funny, but I'm pretty sure that's an unrelated thing altogether. I guess I'm just wondering about this in the interest of "Doing it right" and making sure everything is to the best it can be. And really I'd just like to understand everything.

When you say install from a FAT32, does that mean I have to do it during Windows installation and re-install (hypothetically)?

Go too your mobo website and download the latest drivers from there. If u are not using RAID, there is no need to install the drivers.

ziggysthenazz

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Well that's the whole thing. I am using RAID. I'm booting off of a SATA3 SSD and I have a RAID1 GSATA3 storage going. I tried downloading all the drivers off of the gigabyte website and the last one "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" I get a notice saying "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". When I go to the readme it talks about using the F6 Floppy Disk Utility.

Now another thing is, I think there are 2 RAID controllers (I'm using the gigabyte z68xp-ud3 motherboard). One Intel and one Marvell. So I think the reason my HDDs are working in RAID 1 right now is because I'm using GSATA3 ports which are controlled by Marvell, and the SATA3 port my single SSD is in is controlled by Intel but not in RAID...

Gh0s7y

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
nLite is a program with which you can "stream" drivers and updates (even programs) in your installation, read this for basic explanation :p
I THINK the only solution would be to reinstall Windows, and then during the installation process install Gigabyte's RAID drivers from a FAT32 USB.