amcushing

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
Hello,
My PC froze so I did a hard shut down and when I restarted it I got a message "Boot from CD". I can't type any commands and when I ctrl-alt-del I don't get the option to start in safe mode. What do I do?

Solution
Looks like your operating system or your hard drive is not getting recognized and the BIOS is moving on to the next bootable device, the DVD drive. First check your BIOS to make sure it is recognizing your Hard drive. If it does recognize your HDD and you have your windows disk, boot from it and try to run a repair installation on your OS, it's possible something got corrupted in your operating system or master boot record.

If the BIOS is not recognizing your drive, you can try connecting it to a different SATA port, or try a different SATA cable. You can also try a different SATA power connector if it seems that the drive is not getting any power. If all that fails, all you can do is replace the drive.
Looks like your operating system or your hard drive is not getting recognized and the BIOS is moving on to the next bootable device, the DVD drive. First check your BIOS to make sure it is recognizing your Hard drive. If it does recognize your HDD and you have your windows disk, boot from it and try to run a repair installation on your OS, it's possible something got corrupted in your operating system or master boot record.

If the BIOS is not recognizing your drive, you can try connecting it to a different SATA port, or try a different SATA cable. You can also try a different SATA power connector if it seems that the drive is not getting any power. If all that fails, all you can do is replace the drive.

Solution