hi all at toms, i have a bit of a situation and i am not sure what gfx solotion to go for.
what i a have
- evga 790i mobo
- corsair 750 power suply
- buy another 98800gtx+ on ebay and sli that with my current card (£50)
- sell my card for £50 and buy a gtx295 for around £160
- i only play cod black ops, so the system is geared for playing that game only
- all settings high (maxed out)
- i am going to play on 23" lg monitor at a 1920 x 1080 (high definition) res
- i have always wanted to try sli
- i have the money for the gtx 295 but that doesnt mean i want to spend it.
- i am going to overclock the hole system on air cooling
Well, add another 9800GTX+ is a cheaper way to get more performance.
But 9800GTX+ is getting old and rare, it's not suited for long term range. And do not get GTX295, that's a power hog card and can get hot pretty fast.
may I suggest you? I think you'll better sell your 9800GTX+ and get single powerful card like GTX460.