Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Chiana USB Hub

Last response: in Components
May 20, 2011 3:15:13 AM

recently i broke my front usb of the casing. so i brought a 4 port Chinese usb hub. it has very bad speed i 1mbs each. when i try to 2 drive data transfer fer it split 512+512 kbps. i heard it is bad for motherboard.is it?
i have a old usb pci card. did this good for this days pc s?

what i do? if this bad hen i have to remove this usb hub?

More about : chiana usb hub

Best solution

May 20, 2011 8:27:12 AM

Basically connecting and using a external usb hub should not be damaging for your m/b.
Either cabling or the hub itself is the slowing factor.
You can install a pci card but most probably is usb1 and wont get you much speed advantages as well.

What is the brand of your case? it shouldn't be too hard to obtain spare parts for a case.
May 20, 2011 10:11:22 AM

i know that i should open a new thread with a question instead of just asking it inside another thread...
but i think the answer to this question also fits nicely into this thread :D 

how would a external usb hub damage your mb? o.O
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 21, 2011 1:59:29 AM

soest009 said:
Basically connecting and using a external usb hub should be damaging for your m/b.
Either cabling or the hub itself is the slowing factor.
You can install a pci card but most probably is usb1 and wont get you much speed advantages as well.

What is the brand of your case? it shouldn't be too hard to obtain spare parts for a case.

its a too old case. which is comes with the p-3. i didn't change it for its hardness. i found a via VT6202 PCI USB card which comes with a p-2 pc. i plug it in my mb and it work fine. but i cant find the right driver.and it did not work with the nokia. the device connect well but sometime later it disconnect . thnks for repling
m
l
May 31, 2011 11:36:30 AM

Best answer selected by athalsten.
m
l
!