Wait or buy?

jashan52

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
hello everyone thanks for reading.....I am planning to buy amd phenom x4 955......my budget is fixed cant go above 120$....I should wait for amd new fx series or just buy phenom x4 955
And also suggest me another Cpu if i can get in this range better than this.....I am a games....i dont need anything without gaming with my PC and i will also buy an new mother board...plzz suggets me a good motherboard
I wana get cheapest motherbord which dont effect my CPU i dont need any good GPU inbuild....and neither good sound card Thanks

tulx

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I'm in the exact same situatuion as you. I have decided to wait. The FX's are supposed to be around 50% more powerfull than their Phenom counterparts. Plus, they'll come with the new AM3+ socket.
I'd rather wait and see how the FX's perform. And buying an AM3+ board would also make room for future upgrades.

And you never know - the Phenom prices may drop once FX's are launched. So my recommendation is to wait till June 20 (if nothing is delayed).

PS - talking about Mobos, the Asus Crosshair IV seems to be the best gaming/OC choice for Phenoms.

jashan52

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010

thanks man for ur reply.....I will wait for june again thanks