RealTek HD Audio not working

ramulux

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Ok, so I got a bunch of viruses the other day and had to go through a bunch of nonsense to get rid of them. I eventually fixed it and got back onto my desktop. Now my audio is not working.

When I check whats going on in the Device Manager it shows two things. First, it has "RealTek High Definition Audio" with a yellow balloon with an exclamation point in it, and "ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATA AA01" also with a yellow balloon and exclamation point.

I have tried uninstalling the RealTek Audio and re-installing with no change. There also dont seem to be any newer drivers for either of these things. I go into the RealTek folder in program files and it has an audio folder and then just an installshield folder. There are actual icons to start the RealTek Audio control panel but they will not start.

When I check these devices out in properties it says
Device Status- Device not working (code 10).

I'm not really sure where to go from here and I dont feel like buying an external sound card, so I would appreciate whatever advice anyone has.

ramulux

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
I have tried updating through the device manager but it says that there is no newer version. Also, the only thing I seem to be able to do with the mobo CD is re-install the RealTek program, I'm not sure that I can just re-install the drivers.

When it shows no newer drivers it should give a option of reloading/installing the old ones.

ramulux

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
I am pretty sure I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the drivers for the RealTek Audio and its still not working.

It just keeps saying "This Device cannot start" (code 10).