Closed Solved

Motherboard CPU socket 120 degrees celcius

As shown in the posted image my motherboard CPU socket is 120 degrees celcius. Is this normal?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboard socket degrees celcius
  1. Best answer
    Welcome to Tom's Forum! :)

The 128C is a 'null' or false temperature, the core 0~3 (i5 2500K) are the correct temps. 38C is your highest measured core temp. Try a newer version of HWMonitor, otherwise ignore CPUTIN.
  2. lol, if you really were at 120*c (262*f) then you would know because of the burning smell coming from your computer. Updating your BIOS/UEFI, or trying different/newer monitoring software will get rid of those false readings for you. At stock speeds with a stock cooler the new sandy bridge chips will sit in the high 20's to low 30's at idle, and make their way up into the low-mid 50's when under heavy use. With an aftermarket cooler (I use an older Zalman CNP because I had it laying around and my mobo supports older LGA 775 coolers, but there are better/cheaper coolers on the market today) I have never seen my CPU get past 41*c when under a heavy load for gaming or video editing/rendering. In day-to-day use it sits at 24*c which is just 10*f above the room temperature in my basement.

From the looks of things your build is plenty cool, and anything less than 90*c is within the tolerance of these processors (though I wouldn't want to run one that hot for extended amounts of time, it would technically be within spec)
  3. Best answer selected by zowki.
  4. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Socket CPUs