Strange issues think its power supply?

Ive recently built a new computer and having a strange issue. My computer seems like its going to safe mode randomly whether im gaming or just browsing the web.
Using win 7 ive done all the windows updates I can.
Using an ATI 5850 with up to date drivers.
Whenever the issue happens my computer doesnt restart or turn off I can hear it running. I end up having to power it off manually then when I get back in I check windows event viewer and confirms that I didnt shut windows down manually..
This is the power supply http://www.amazon.com/Diablotek-650-Watt-Power-Supply-PHD650/dp/B001L0N1PE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
5 answers Last reply
More about strange issues power supply
  1. Diablotek? Never heard of it but I look and see bad reviews. Check for viruses though because I doubt the PSU for this. I had the problem quite some time ago.
  2. 1. Diablotek's are junk.

2. A partially non-working PSU can cause your symptoms.

Try to borrow a better PSU.
  3. get a good 500w-650w psu from antec, xfx, seasonic, corsair if any other brand check here. Stay away from hec compucase, diablotek, and raidmax
  4. XFX
    Corsair
    Antec
    Seasonic
    OCZ (Don't get StealthXStream)
    Silverstone
    Thermaltake (Toughpower-series)
    Rosewill (They are improving the quality of their PSUs and expanding in the market, but I wouldn't recommend one right now.)
    PC Power & Cooling (Don't see much of them anymore though)

Some will argue that Enermax and CM are good, they probably are better than the credit I give them because of my past-experiences but I can't comment so much there.
  5. the high-end enermaxs and CMs are decently-reviewed
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Power Supplies Computer Systems