How to script Tonnage Hunter

Mag

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi there,
I would like to script a game based on the tonnage hunter system (sink as
many enemy ship tonnage as possible).
Never saw this for V4.
Any ideas how to count the tonnage automatically?

"mag" <tom.schoen@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3dcv3eF6f76vlU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Hi there,
> I would like to script a game based on the tonnage hunter system (sink as
> many enemy ship tonnage as possible).
> Never saw this for V4.
> Any ideas how to count the tonnage automatically?

What would be the input for the automatic counting tool? A list of ships, a script?

GFM GToeroe

Mag

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well, all the tonnage of ships destroyed by each single player should be
listed. Maybe there could be a way to use the turn's reports?

"Gabor Törö" <gfm@gtoeroe.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "mag" <tom.schoen@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Hi there,
>> I would like to script a game based on the tonnage hunter system (sink as
>> many enemy ship tonnage as possible).
>> Never saw this for V4.
>> Any ideas how to count the tonnage automatically?
>
> What would be the input for the automatic counting tool? A list of ships,
> a script?
>
> GFM GToeroe

that goes over my abilities...

"mag" <tom.schoen@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3dfq0qF6rmso7U1@uni-berlin.de...
> Well, all the tonnage of ships destroyed by each single player should be
> listed. Maybe there could be a way to use the turn's reports?
>
> "Gabor Törö" <gfm@gtoeroe.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> > "mag" <tom.schoen@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >> Hi there,
> >> I would like to script a game based on the tonnage hunter system (sink as
> >> many enemy ship tonnage as possible).
> >> Never saw this for V4.
> >> Any ideas how to count the tonnage automatically?
> >
> > What would be the input for the automatic counting tool? A list of ships,
> > a script?
> >
> > GFM GToeroe

Mag

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

well, that's really a pity...

> that goes over my abilities...
>
> "mag" <tom.schoen@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Well, all the tonnage of ships destroyed by each single player should be
>> listed. Maybe there could be a way to use the turn's reports?
>>
>> "Gabor Törö" <gfm@gtoeroe.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> >
>> > "mag" <tom.schoen@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> >
>> > What would be the input for the automatic counting tool? A list of
>> > ships,
>> > a script?
>> >
>> > GFM GToeroe

sould be possible to do this by adding a NPC who is getting Ship data from
every race. The NPC can export those information to .csv-file. In the
CSV-file there´s hull type and total mass. When you keep track of ID and
type and owner of the ship you should be able to do a basic tonnage
scripting. Of cause when someone uses swarming taktics a newly build ship
can be of the same type, owner and ID as a recend destroyed. I think if you
keep track of some other information in the CSV-file you could minimate
that.

Greetings
Sebastian

Sebastian schrieb:
> sould be possible to do this by adding a NPC who is getting Ship data from
> every race. The NPC can export those information to .csv-file. In the
> CSV-file there´s hull type and total mass. When you keep track of ID and
> type and owner of the ship you should be able to do a basic tonnage
> scripting. Of cause when someone uses swarming taktics a newly build ship
> can be of the same type, owner and ID as a recend destroyed. I think if you
> keep track of some other information in the CSV-file you could minimate
> that.

There can be some other not longer in game ships make problems too.
Depending what the orginal asker understand under combat, ships
destroyed by GD or minefields can cause problems. Or ships which are
recycled at Base. How will you detect this in the csv files.

Other problem will be, you can not say who destroy the ship only with
the csv-files.
At combats with more then two races involved, who destroy the ship realy
? The last race which shoot on it or the race which have made the most
damage ?

Maybe there are some host files which can be used but don't know as I
not host. What is with a log file created by the host run and can be
gathered there the infos. Or the files Tim always want for a bug report.
Maybe if the know the report the can run a scanner on the file(s) and
gather the infos from it.
But think that all don't help in a multipart combat.

Think that all don't help much by the problem only make some difficult
problems clear.

Bye-BYe JoSch.

Thought other way round: Cound how many kt of yourself are sunk.

OK, other Idea: Ask Tim to write a little dll for you that pulls out the
Messages of a RST file. That you can pharse to get ships destroyed by
minefields and GD etc.
Then ask Tim a second time if he´s giving you another dll that rips the
before and after hull streng of ship involved in combact together with the
ID you have the ships sunk in a battle.

Together with the ship.csv you can calculate the kt destroyed by someone
(Ok, probs could still occour if 3 or more persons take part in a battle and
so on, but a first basic tonnage counter should work that way).

Perhaps Tim is so kind. I think this is (I´m not a programmer) only little
work as code should be in client anyway as clients shows this to me (in
cleartype). If he´s providing that piece of information to you e.g. in a
form of CSV-file you can programm your own tonnage cout prog (as host you
should have access to all RST files to get this working though, forbit
passwords for that games)

Greetings
Sebatsian

Sebastian schrieb:
> Thought other way round: Cound how many kt of yourself are sunk.

Sure, for that you don't need the csv-files, only access to the messages
of each players. But the count should base on the KT of enemy ships you
destroy ;-)).

> OK, other Idea: Ask Tim to write a little dll for you that pulls out the
> Messages of a RST file. That you can pharse to get ships destroyed by
> minefields and GD etc.
> Then ask Tim a second time if he´s giving you another dll that rips the
> before and after hull streng of ship involved in combact together with the
> ID you have the ships sunk in a battle.
>
> Together with the ship.csv you can calculate the kt destroyed by someone
> (Ok, probs could still occour if 3 or more persons take part in a battle and
> so on, but a first basic tonnage counter should work that way).

There maybe more probs. Look at ships which change ownership at the
combat and then are destroyed. That seems me not fair to count this for
the race which destroy it as maybe another race make most of the damage
;-)). I build useless ships with no crew and set at my warships "Do not
fire on disabled" to OFF. If combat occur the enemy get the useless
ships and I destroy them and get points for it ;-)). Or I fly with this
ships in tow to the enemy. (I often see such cruel tactics / loopholes
quickly ;-) I think.)

> Perhaps Tim is so kind. I think this is (I´m not a programmer) only little
> work as code should be in client anyway as clients shows this to me (in
> cleartype). If he´s providing that piece of information to you e.g. in a
> form of CSV-file you can programm your own tonnage cout prog (as host you
> should have access to all RST files to get this working though, forbit
> passwords for that games)

What's with the files which generate the host if he run ? Are there some
infos which can be used ?

Bye-Bye JoSch.

> There maybe more probs. Look at ships which change ownership at the
> combat and then are destroyed. That seems me not fair to count this for
> the race which destroy it as maybe another race make most of the damage
> ;-)). I build useless ships with no crew and set at my warships "Do not
> fire on disabled" to OFF. If combat occur the enemy get the useless ships
> and I destroy them and get points for it ;-)). Or I fly with this ships in
> tow to the enemy. (I often see such cruel tactics / loopholes quickly ;-)
> I think.)

I said this will give a BASIC tonnage counter. Not a perfect
erverythingiswonderfulandnoonecanabuseit tonnage counter.
Make Gentlemen Agreement not to abuse the system. If you don´t accept a beta
system you will never get gold (old Planets rule:).

> What's with the files which generate the host if he run ? Are there some
> infos which can be used ?

Haven´t found anything when going through the files with a Hex Edit. At
least nothig that can be used in a simple way. Of cause there´s the
possibilety to hack into these files as the data is there. But I am not able
to do this (and I don´t know if this would be OK for Tim). PErhaps ask
someone who is knowing what he´s doing;o)