Powerunit problem :(

Hi :)
I bought a Geforce550 graphic card to be able to run Nvidia's 3D kit on my computer , then i noticed my current power unit dont have a PCI-E cabble thats needed to drive the card .
So i went and bought a new power unit with that cable....
Then when i was going to install the new power-unit (ok ok i know i should have checked this before but found out when i already bought a new power-unit......lol) I noticed there's another power socket on the motherboard ....and of cause the new power-unit doesnt have THAT cable......ugh .

The motherboard is a Foxconn 2AA9 1.00 .
the current power-unit is a Hp D3006A0

I've tried (in vain ) to find out what this socket runs , it's a small 4 pin connector with the pins set in a square shape , like 2 * 2 .

Would be very greatfull in anyone know what socket i mean and how to solve this problem .....i really long to try out the new graphic card!

:heink:
5 answers Last reply
More about powerunit problem
  1. Most current psu's have that connector. Not sure where you got the other one from, but you should consider sending it back.

get something like this one instead...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207018

ETA: That one actually comes with a 4 + 4 pin connector for the cpu, so if you upgrade your MB at some point and need an 8 pin connector you are gtg. However that psu won't do multiple cards, or a card that needs an 8 pin connector.
  2. totalknowledge said:
    Most current psu's have that connector. Not sure where you got the other one from, but you should consider sending it back.

get something like this one instead...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207018

ETA: That one actually comes with a 4 + 4 pin connector for the cpu, so if you upgrade your MB at some point and need an 8 pin connector you are gtg. However that psu won't do multiple cards, or a card that needs an 8 pin connector.

Hi :) ty for answering , what IS that connector powering ???
  3. The CPU.
  4. totalknowledge said:
    The CPU.

ty again , as you can tell i'm not familiar with this stuff .....lol
    i noticed looking at the new power unit box it listed one of the 8 pin connectors as "EPS/ATX12V 4-pin &8 pin compatible"
    is it this connector i should use ??? i dont want to risk frying the motherboard.....lol
  5. Yes, the EPS/ATX12V connector is what powers the CPU. If it comes conjoined as an 8-pin it should separate into two 4-pin connectors. Just make sure you do not, plug the PCIE connector into the EPS/ATX12V motherboard header or it will likely fry everything.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Graphics Cards Power Product