PLanet Mineral and Climate rating

What I got so far, I'm searching if the planet climate can change
naturally, whitout ships warmer, or cooler, or with building terraformer.

Is there any way to increase the max soil rating for farming ?

New metals from HD Stress in the planet's core

The energy known as hyper dimensional stress ( HD stress ) is
transformed by the planet into new metal ore.

A planet with a hyper dimensional stress level of more than 100 will
produce new metals in the planet`s core at these levels:

R = ((STRESS / 100 ) * (STRESS / 100)) * 10

New Duranium = R * 1.1

New Tritanium = R * 0.8

New Molybdenum = R * 0.5

New Neutronium Fuel = R * 1.5

Some ships have ore processing devices that can convert ore into
metals.

There is a great danger of the planet exploding when the HD Stress
exceeds 1000 H

Hyper dimensional stress

Higher the better planet will produce new ORE , at 1000 or more planet
can explode

DELTA STRESS = BASE FREQUENCY

Base Frequency = change to Hyper dimensional stress EVERY TURN

A negative frequency causes the planet decrease in stress each turn.
A positive base frequency adds to the stress level of the planet.

> SWD to get the Base Freq=0 so the HD Stress is stabil somewhere
between

> 900 and 1000. Hoped to get a bunch of good mineral planets.

Don´t do this. As Tim statet once you need Base Frey >0 to get new
minerals.

Greetings

Sebastian

The stress delta must be positive to get minerals.

But stress delta isn't always an int. So sometimes a base that appears

to have 0 stress delta will get minerals, while other times it won't.
21 answers Last reply
More about planet mineral climate rating

    >Is there any way to increase the max soil rating for farming ?
    Yes, the "Soil Reformer": Improves a planet's soil 5 per turn up to a
    max of 250. This device works on the planet that the ship is parked
    over.

    Source: http://www.vgaplanets.com/v4doc/shipdev.htm

    i don't know about change over time, but if it equilibrates to
    anything, i think it's the following:
    planet temp (or climate) = star heat + some hyperdimensional stress
    stat (don't recall the exact term)

    The People's Army is one race that I know has the Soil Reformer. Also,
    a Protomatter Cannon (super weapon - Birdmen, Feds, maybe others) can
    reform an asteroid into a planet with 600+ soil rating. I haven't done
    this, but have read it here. I understand that the HD stress of this
    new planet is very high, so you'll have to take care of that. Crystals
    use the HyperLathe to turn HD Stress into food (10 per stress). A Soil
    Sterilizer device ship (many races) will reduce the soil rating of a
    planet. Agro Dome device ships (some races) produce food from nothing
    every turn.

    Planets with HD stress over 1000 have a 1% chance per stress over 1000
    to explode every turn. The Scalar Wave Dampner device can bring the HD
    Stress Delta to a negative number. I've read, but not experience yet,
    that high negative HD stress will produce the free unmined metals. The
    thread here about the stress feedback has an interesting quirk also.

    Ore is different from unmined metals. The Laser Mining device ships
    (many races) and Particle Fountain device ships (many races) can affect
    unmined metals. These also increase the climate of the planet (making
    farming more difficult possibly) and the HD Stress. They will only
    work when unmined metals exist. Ore Processing device ships (many
    races) affect ore. Alchemy device ships (many races) can create metals
    from supplies, which you make from money...so you can buy metals in a
    sense.

    Hope that helps,
    Magik

    "R = ((STRESS / 100 ) * (STRESS / 100)) * 10"

    The above is no longer the correct formula. It has been modified.

    It is now:
    R = ((STRESS / 100 ) * (STRESS / 100)) * DELTA_STRESS (minimum of 0)

    More specificly the Soil Reformer device will work if the current soil
    rating is less than 250 and increase it by 5.

    So a planet that had a soil rating of 249 can be improved to 254, but a
    planet that has a soil rating of 245 can only be improved to 250

    Every ship rechecks this so multiple soil reforming ships won't result
    in soil rating geting past that range.

    The max is technically 254 from the Soil Reformer. It checks soil<250
    prior to the activation.

    If the rating is less than 250, then it adds 5 points. So a planet a
    249 will get bumped up to 254.

    I believe that is how it works. I have a planet with 251, anyway.

    Witch race has this device ?

    It would be nice not to have to browse all ships of the 20 races to find
    that device.

    and thank you for an answer other than RTFM

    by the way tim manual is out of date and has many wrong info...

    I came to vgap 4 news group, hoping to get a quick update from the veteran,
    since I start playing the game 6 year late (vgap 4).

    I remember posting in vgap 3, helping newbie, I gave them the links they
    needed, but ALSO answered their question.

    Vgap 3 forum, was much more friendly.

    This is in general, and NOT directed at you Sparrow, since you gave and
    answer and a link.

    Thanks Sparrow

    "Sparrow" <e.kueper@gmx.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
    1114772369.381553.30810@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
    > >Is there any way to increase the max soil rating for farming ?
    > Yes, the "Soil Reformer": Improves a planet's soil 5 per turn up to a
    > max of 250. This device works on the planet that the ship is parked
    > over.
    >
    > Source: http://www.vgaplanets.com/v4doc/shipdev.htm

    As an EE player, I would b most interested in the finding of negative
    stress on a planet.

    I have a -1000 with freq -100 planet , but have not paid much attention
    to its minerals..But am nearly out of 3 types...so would b interesting
    to know if and what negative stress would give me minerals....

    Cheers.

    Emperor Leeroy.

    Amaranthine wrote:
    > The max is technically 254 from the Soil Reformer. It checks
    soil<250
    > prior to the activation.
    >
    > If the rating is less than 250, then it adds 5 points. So a planet a
    > 249 will get bumped up to 254.
    >
    > I believe that is how it works. I have a planet with 251, anyway.

    I would like to have the exact formula and term, of how a planet climate can
    change

    whitout the effect of any devices, from any players in the game.

    <jasonnorthrup@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    1114778819.721162.279270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > i don't know about change over time, but if it equilibrates to
    > anything, i think it's the following:
    > planet temp (or climate) = star heat + some hyperdimensional stress
    > stat (don't recall the exact term)

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    <100 Stress and/or <0 Delta means no additional minerals.

    Negatives used to allow for mineral growth (since -x times -x is the
    same as +x times +x).

    That was removed quite a few hosts ago though.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Lord Lancelot schrieb:
    > What I got so far, I'm searching if the planet climate can change
    > naturally, whitout ships warmer, or cooler, or with building terraformer.
    >

    > Is there any way to increase the max soil rating for farming ?

    Don't understand your whole posting. Why did you post the (deleted)
    Stress part ?

    Yes, the climate change to to the star heat but from my observation it
    is mostly some degrees over the star heat.
    Tim wrote me before some time, that a nearby other star can heat up a
    planet to so that the climat is over the star heat. But observe a planet
    with 0 Delta Stress or below and the next star was around 50 LYs away.
    The clima climb from under the star heat up to around 3-4 degrees over
    the star heat and then it was fluctating a little with max of so +2 and
    min -2 around. Very nice to see when I could no longer farm on my Base.

    Yes, look at the device list for ships for devices increasing the soil
    rate. For more infos RTFM.

    Bye-Bye JoSch.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    I learned many things, and saved this post.

    thanks

    "Magik" <rickglover@paulhastings.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    1114782924.708939.268330@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > The People's Army is one race that I know has the Soil Reformer. Also,
    > a Protomatter Cannon (super weapon - Birdmen, Feds, maybe others) can
    > reform an asteroid into a planet with 600+ soil rating. I haven't done
    > this, but have read it here. I understand that the HD stress of this
    > new planet is very high, so you'll have to take care of that. Crystals
    > use the HyperLathe to turn HD Stress into food (10 per stress). A Soil
    > Sterilizer device ship (many races) will reduce the soil rating of a
    > planet. Agro Dome device ships (some races) produce food from nothing
    > every turn.
    >
    > Planets with HD stress over 1000 have a 1% chance per stress over 1000
    > to explode every turn. The Scalar Wave Dampner device can bring the HD
    > Stress Delta to a negative number. I've read, but not experience yet,
    > that high negative HD stress will produce the free unmined metals. The
    > thread here about the stress feedback has an interesting quirk also.
    >
    > Ore is different from unmined metals. The Laser Mining device ships
    > (many races) and Particle Fountain device ships (many races) can affect
    > unmined metals. These also increase the climate of the planet (making
    > farming more difficult possibly) and the HD Stress. They will only
    > work when unmined metals exist. Ore Processing device ships (many
    > races) affect ore. Alchemy device ships (many races) can create metals
    > from supplies, which you make from money...so you can buy metals in a
    > sense.
    >
    > Hope that helps,
    > Magik

  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Using the RaceView tool, you can skim through the race packs fairly
    quickly.

    I went through it and filled out a grid, marking which races have which
    devices.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    That is exactly what I was looking for

    planet need 100+ stress and 1+ base frequency to produce new ore in the core
    of the planet.

    and now the formula to compute it

    thanks

    "Amaranthine" <amaranthine1@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    1114783232.116534.145260@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
    > "R = ((STRESS / 100 ) * (STRESS / 100)) * 10"
    >
    > The above is no longer the correct formula. It has been modified.
    >
    > It is now:
    > R = ((STRESS / 100 ) * (STRESS / 100)) * DELTA_STRESS (minimum of 0)

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Could you post your finding ?

    "LeeSMaz" <LeeSMaz1@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    1114789373.417520.221700@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
    > As an EE player, I would b most interested in the finding of negative
    > stress on a planet.
    >
    > I have a -1000 with freq -100 planet , but have not paid much attention
    > to its minerals..But am nearly out of 3 types...so would b interesting
    > to know if and what negative stress would give me minerals....
    >
    > Cheers.
    >
    > Emperor Leeroy.
    >

    > Amaranthine wrote:
    >> The max is technically 254 from the Soil Reformer. It checks
    > soil<250
    >> prior to the activation.
    >>
    >> If the rating is less than 250, then it adds 5 points. So a planet a
    >> 249 will get bumped up to 254.
    >>
    >> I believe that is how it works. I have a planet with 251, anyway.

  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Tip for future: search the google groups. There you´ll find often formulas
    posted once.

    Greetings
    Sebastian

    "Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > That is exactly what I was looking for
    >
    > planet need 100+ stress and 1+ base frequency to produce new ore in the
    > core of the planet.
    >
    > and now the formula to compute it
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > "Amaranthine" <amaranthine1@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > 1114783232.116534.145260@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
    >> "R = ((STRESS / 100 ) * (STRESS / 100)) * 10"
    >>
    >> The above is no longer the correct formula. It has been modified.
    >>
    >> It is now:
    >> R = ((STRESS / 100 ) * (STRESS / 100)) * DELTA_STRESS (minimum of 0)

  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    That is a good idea could you post that grid at klingon command ?

    "Amaranthine" <amaranthine1@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    1114800634.386286.300470@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
    > Using the RaceView tool, you can skim through the race packs fairly
    > quickly.
    >
    > I went through it and filled out a grid, marking which races have which
    > devices.

  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Not sure about that seeking info in old post for vgap 4 is a good idea.
    new host version happen often, old info may not be up to date, like on Tim
    site.

    I prefer asking for up to date info.

    but thanks for the idea.

    "Sebastian" <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> a écrit dans le message de news:
    3dfdl7F6rgutuU1@news.dfncis.de...
    > Tip for future: search the google groups. There you´ll find often formulas
    > posted once.
    >
    > Greetings
    > Sebastian

  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Well there u go,
    My 900+ stress planet with freq of 13 is producing lots of extra
    minerals...just had to lower the freq to 5 to make it hang around for a
    while...lol..seems like hundreds of each mineral....above calculation
    was 1100 roughly.
    Previous 2 turns ago was..15k,13k,9145,5162 stress 908, freq 13. then
    next turn...havent got the rst to check...
    then this turn when my H-ross turned up to lower the freq by 8 to
    5...with stress of 923.???..16K,14K,10K,5722.

    On the other hand my neg stress -1100 planet with freq -113 is not
    producing any minerals that I can tell anyway.
    Only advantage in such a negative planet is the solar raganock device
    of the solorian cant blow the planet on me...:)
    Or the glory devices have much effect on the planet either....

    Cheers.
    Emperor Leeroy.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    If you´re asking before thinking/searching sooner or later no one will
    answer.

    Sure there´s some information out of date. But you´re not the first newbie
    that is asking the same questions over and over again. They have been
    answerd multiple times. So seeking info in older post of the group is a VERY
    GOOD for newbies.
    For example the question you asked was yust answered some weeks ago.

    > Not sure about that seeking info in old post for vgap 4 is a good idea.
    > new host version happen often, old info may not be up to date, like on Tim
    > site.
    >
    > I prefer asking for up to date info.
    >
    > but thanks for the idea.
    >
    > "Sebastian" <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > 3dfdl7F6rgutuU1@news.dfncis.de...
    >> Tip for future: search the google groups. There you´ll find often
    >> formulas posted once.
    >>
    >> Greetings
    >> Sebastian

  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Anyone here with the experience you seek will generally already know
    that the manuals are inconsistently updated, and thus hopefully will
    understand your frustration, rather than antagonizing you.

Video Games