Vgap 4 Newbie START HERE

Last response: in Video Games
April 29, 2005 1:03:52 PM

First WELCOME to VGAP 4 !

Vgap 4 Newbie START HERE

Start here

Tim site (game creator) where to get the game

http://www.vgaplanets.com/v4beta.htm

Be careful the Doc / Help file are old, incomplete and miss many very
important details

you will find the much needed updated information at the next site: Klingon
Kommand

Klingon Kommand (the best info-site)

For information, and links to almost everything you need for vgap 4

http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/vgap4.htm

Where to play (for Free) aka Game Host

http://vgap.drewhead.org/

http://www.rcworld.de/

Extra information site

VGA Planets 4 Tables

http://www.kolumbus.fi/sidewinder/sandy.htm

not updated lately, but many tables seem ok with host 193

Tables Listed by races

http://www.stevens-home.com/VGAP4/ListedByRace.htm

not updated lately, but many tables seem ok with host 193

2 player utility

Diplomat combat simulation utility for VGA Planets version 4

http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/diplomat.htm

Ship Calculator for Planets 4

http://www.saarlandoutpost.com/shipcalc/

Calculate the whole cost of your fleet (MC, Du, Tr, Mo), including costs for
armor, ord- and repair-units.

If you get too many un-answered question.

And nice RTFM Read the Fuc... Manual from the vgap 4 news group. I will
remain NAMELESS, about the name of the un-welcoming ppl..

Try the message board at Drewhead, They will not be mad at you for asking
ANY questions about vgap 4.

And don't be shy to post it's a NEWSGROUP, open to everybody. in theory...

Lord Lancelot

More about : vgap newbie start

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:03:53 PM

Nice list. However it should include Olly's Guide IMO(International
pages).

http://www.vgap4-info.org.uk/

Skies
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 2:50:59 PM

Lord Lancelot wrote:
>"And nice RTFM Read the Fuc... Manual from the vgap 4 news group. I
will remain NAMELESS, about the name of the un-welcoming ppl.."

Well, well. Nameless posts in a relatively pleasant and informative
manner, and this is the thanks he gets.

If I recall correctly, Nameless replied, in part: "Otherwise please
first of all look through the help files and read them, most of the
question you did ask you would not have asked if you would have done
that." And, then he went on to give you helpful information. If you
interpret that as unwelcoming, you have pretty thin skin.

Whereas nospam replied that you should RTFM, which, of course, is good
advice, as despite the occasional error and omission, the bulk of it is
correct.

Another idea is to search this newsgroup for keywords, sort into date
order and you will generally find what you are looking for, though
there's no guarantee that every poster has got it right. An even
better idea is to use ScriptZor and sim anything you're unsure of. A
still better idea is to just try it in the game.

- Karnak Prime
April 29, 2005 2:51:22 PM

Thanks

ok next post will be like this

First WELCOME to VGAP 4 !

Vgap 4 Newbie START HERE

Start here

Tim site (game creator) where to get the game

http://www.vgaplanets.com/v4beta.htm

Be careful the Doc / Help file are old, incomplete and miss many very
important details

you will find the much needed updated information at the next site: Klingon
Kommand

Klingon Kommand (the best info-site)

For information, and links to almost everything you need for vgap 4

http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/vgap4.htm

Where to play (for Free) aka Game Host

http://vgap.drewhead.org/

http://www.rcworld.de/

Extra information site

VGAP4 beginners' site in several languages.

http://www.vgap4-info.org.uk/

[...]

April 30, 2005 5:56:34 AM

I did not name anyone you did
:)

"At least he is no longer trying to have this group getting his turns
done for him."

from Nameless

very welcoming

"Karnak Prime" <karnakprime@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1114797058.996121.200800@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Lord Lancelot wrote:
>>"And nice RTFM Read the Fuc... Manual from the vgap 4 news group. I
> will remain NAMELESS, about the name of the un-welcoming ppl.."
>
> Well, well. Nameless posts in a relatively pleasant and informative
> manner, and this is the thanks he gets.
>
> If I recall correctly, Nameless replied, in part: "Otherwise please
> first of all look through the help files and read them, most of the
> question you did ask you would not have asked if you would have done
> that." And, then he went on to give you helpful information. If you
> interpret that as unwelcoming, you have pretty thin skin.
>
> Whereas nospam replied that you should RTFM, which, of course, is good
> advice, as despite the occasional error and omission, the bulk of it is
> correct.
>
> Another idea is to search this newsgroup for keywords, sort into date
> order and you will generally find what you are looking for, though
> there's no guarantee that every poster has got it right. An even
> better idea is to use ScriptZor and sim anything you're unsure of. A
> still better idea is to just try it in the game.
>
> - Karnak Prime

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 3:54:15 PM

"Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> wrote:

>I did not name anyone you did
>:)
I am slowly realising that Nameless is sometimes making difficult/subtle
jokes. Unfortunately his sense of humor is not everyones and English is not
his native language, so his intent gets lost or confused.

He can be rude, but he is always worth listening too.

>"At least he is no longer trying to have this group getting his turns
>done for him."
>
>from Nameless
>
>very welcoming
I have seen worse comments in newsgroups!

>"Karnak Prime" <karnakprime@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
>1114797058.996121.200800@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> Lord Lancelot wrote:
>>>"And nice RTFM Read the Fuc... Manual from the vgap 4 news group. I
>> will remain NAMELESS, about the name of the un-welcoming ppl.."
>>
>> Well, well. Nameless posts in a relatively pleasant and informative
>> manner, and this is the thanks he gets.
>>
>> If I recall correctly, Nameless replied, in part: "Otherwise please
>> first of all look through the help files and read them, most of the
>> question you did ask you would not have asked if you would have done
>> that." And, then he went on to give you helpful information. If you
>> interpret that as unwelcoming, you have pretty thin skin.
>>
>> Whereas nospam replied that you should RTFM, which, of course, is good
>> advice, as despite the occasional error and omission, the bulk of it is
>> correct.
>>
>> Another idea is to search this newsgroup for keywords, sort into date
>> order and you will generally find what you are looking for, though
>> there's no guarantee that every poster has got it right. An even
>> better idea is to use ScriptZor and sim anything you're unsure of. A
>> still better idea is to just try it in the game.
>>
>> - Karnak Prime

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 3:54:16 PM

English is not my first language and you wont see me blasting ppl for free.

"Malcolm Snelgrove" <greengalah@yahoo-nospam.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: 3rk671924d08829fesucv98aa3jkl99rou@4ax.com...
> "Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> wrote:
>
>>I did not name anyone you did
>>:)
> I am slowly realising that Nameless is sometimes making difficult/subtle
> jokes. Unfortunately his sense of humor is not everyones and English is
> not
> his native language, so his intent gets lost or confused.
>
> He can be rude, but he is always worth listening too.
>
>>"At least he is no longer trying to have this group getting his turns
>>done for him."
>>
>>from Nameless
>>
>>very welcoming
> I have seen worse comments in newsgroups!
>

>>"Karnak Prime" <karnakprime@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
>>1114797058.996121.200800@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>>> will remain NAMELESS, about the name of the un-welcoming ppl.."
>>>
>>> Well, well. Nameless posts in a relatively pleasant and informative
>>> manner, and this is the thanks he gets.
>>>
>>> If I recall correctly, Nameless replied, in part: "Otherwise please
>>> first of all look through the help files and read them, most of the
>>> question you did ask you would not have asked if you would have done
>>> that." And, then he went on to give you helpful information. If you
>>> interpret that as unwelcoming, you have pretty thin skin.
>>>
>>> Whereas nospam replied that you should RTFM, which, of course, is good
>>> advice, as despite the occasional error and omission, the bulk of it is
>>> correct.
>>>
>>> Another idea is to search this newsgroup for keywords, sort into date
>>> order and you will generally find what you are looking for, though
>>> there's no guarantee that every poster has got it right. An even
>>> better idea is to use ScriptZor and sim anything you're unsure of. A
>>> still better idea is to just try it in the game.
>>>
>>> - Karnak Prime

May 2, 2005 7:02:48 AM

Well, fact is that you did ask a lot of questions you could have
answered yourself. The rebuke you received is surely not as bad as you
make it look like. Matter of fact your reaction is troubling me much
more!
May 2, 2005 12:34:43 PM

Unless he takes the appropriate steps, I know what to do in the future
if a question from him comes up. ;-O
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 7:57:46 PM

Sparrow schrieb:
> Well, fact is that you did ask a lot of questions you could have
> answered yourself. The rebuke you received is surely not as bad as you
> make it look like. Matter of fact your reaction is troubling me much
> more!

Me too. Special as I answered on many of his questions and sometime
wrote look at the doc and gave him some links in one answer too before I
wrote RTFM.

Bye-Bye JoSch.
!