Vgap 4 Newbie START HERE

First WELCOME to VGAP 4 !

Vgap 4 Newbie START HERE

Start here

Tim site (game creator) where to get the game

http://www.vgaplanets.com/v4beta.htm

Be careful the Doc / Help file are old, incomplete and miss many very
important details

you will find the much needed updated information at the next site: Klingon
Kommand

Klingon Kommand (the best info-site)

For information, and links to almost everything you need for vgap 4

http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/vgap4.htm

Where to play (for Free) aka Game Host

http://vgap.drewhead.org/

http://www.rcworld.de/

Extra information site

VGA Planets 4 Tables

http://www.kolumbus.fi/sidewinder/sandy.htm

not updated lately, but many tables seem ok with host 193

Tables Listed by races

http://www.stevens-home.com/VGAP4/ListedByRace.htm

not updated lately, but many tables seem ok with host 193

2 player utility

Diplomat combat simulation utility for VGA Planets version 4

http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/diplomat.htm

Ship Calculator for Planets 4

http://www.saarlandoutpost.com/shipcalc/

Calculate the whole cost of your fleet (MC, Du, Tr, Mo), including costs for
armor, ord- and repair-units.

If you get too many un-answered question.

And nice RTFM Read the Fuc... Manual from the vgap 4 news group. I will
remain NAMELESS, about the name of the un-welcoming ppl..

Try the message board at Drewhead, They will not be mad at you for asking
ANY questions about vgap 4.

And don't be shy to post it's a NEWSGROUP, open to everybody. in theory...

Lord Lancelot
9 answers Last reply
More about vgap newbie start here

    Nice list. However it should include Olly's Guide IMO(International
    pages).

    http://www.vgap4-info.org.uk/

    Skies

    Lord Lancelot wrote:
    >"And nice RTFM Read the Fuc... Manual from the vgap 4 news group. I
    will remain NAMELESS, about the name of the un-welcoming ppl.."

    Well, well. Nameless posts in a relatively pleasant and informative
    manner, and this is the thanks he gets.

    If I recall correctly, Nameless replied, in part: "Otherwise please
    first of all look through the help files and read them, most of the
    question you did ask you would not have asked if you would have done
    that." And, then he went on to give you helpful information. If you
    interpret that as unwelcoming, you have pretty thin skin.

    Whereas nospam replied that you should RTFM, which, of course, is good
    advice, as despite the occasional error and omission, the bulk of it is
    correct.

    Another idea is to search this newsgroup for keywords, sort into date
    order and you will generally find what you are looking for, though
    there's no guarantee that every poster has got it right. An even
    better idea is to use ScriptZor and sim anything you're unsure of. A
    still better idea is to just try it in the game.

    - Karnak Prime

    Thanks

    ok next post will be like this

    First WELCOME to VGAP 4 !

    Vgap 4 Newbie START HERE

    Start here

    Tim site (game creator) where to get the game

    http://www.vgaplanets.com/v4beta.htm

    Be careful the Doc / Help file are old, incomplete and miss many very
    important details

    you will find the much needed updated information at the next site: Klingon
    Kommand

    Klingon Kommand (the best info-site)

    For information, and links to almost everything you need for vgap 4

    http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/vgap4.htm

    Where to play (for Free) aka Game Host

    http://vgap.drewhead.org/

    http://www.rcworld.de/

    Extra information site

    VGAP4 beginners' site in several languages.

    http://www.vgap4-info.org.uk/

[...]

    I did not name anyone you did
    :)

    "At least he is no longer trying to have this group getting his turns
    done for him."

    from Nameless

    very welcoming

    1114797058.996121.200800@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

    "Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> wrote:

    >I did not name anyone you did
    >:)
    I am slowly realising that Nameless is sometimes making difficult/subtle
    jokes. Unfortunately his sense of humor is not everyones and English is not
    his native language, so his intent gets lost or confused.

    He can be rude, but he is always worth listening too.

    >"At least he is no longer trying to have this group getting his turns
    >done for him."
    >
    >from Nameless
    >
    >very welcoming
    I have seen worse comments in newsgroups!

    >"Karnak Prime" <karnakprime@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >1114797058.996121.200800@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    >> Lord Lancelot wrote:
    >>>"And nice RTFM Read the Fuc... Manual from the vgap 4 news group. I
    >> will remain NAMELESS, about the name of the un-welcoming ppl.."
    >>
    >> Well, well. Nameless posts in a relatively pleasant and informative
    >> manner, and this is the thanks he gets.
    >>
    >> If I recall correctly, Nameless replied, in part: "Otherwise please
    >> first of all look through the help files and read them, most of the
    >> question you did ask you would not have asked if you would have done
    >> that." And, then he went on to give you helpful information. If you
    >> interpret that as unwelcoming, you have pretty thin skin.
    >>
    >> Whereas nospam replied that you should RTFM, which, of course, is good
    >> advice, as despite the occasional error and omission, the bulk of it is
    >> correct.
    >>
    >> Another idea is to search this newsgroup for keywords, sort into date
    >> order and you will generally find what you are looking for, though
    >> there's no guarantee that every poster has got it right. An even
    >> better idea is to use ScriptZor and sim anything you're unsure of. A
    >> still better idea is to just try it in the game.
    >>
    >> - Karnak Prime

    English is not my first language and you wont see me blasting ppl for free.

    "Malcolm Snelgrove" <greengalah@yahoo-nospam.com> a écrit dans le message de
    news: 3rk671924d08829fesucv98aa3jkl99rou@4ax.com...
    > "Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I did not name anyone you did
    >>:)
    > I am slowly realising that Nameless is sometimes making difficult/subtle
    > jokes. Unfortunately his sense of humor is not everyones and English is
    > not
    > his native language, so his intent gets lost or confused.
    >
    > He can be rude, but he is always worth listening too.
    >
    >>"At least he is no longer trying to have this group getting his turns
    >>done for him."
    >>
    >>from Nameless
    >>
    >>very welcoming
    > I have seen worse comments in newsgroups!
    >

    >>"Karnak Prime" <karnakprime@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >>1114797058.996121.200800@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    >>> will remain NAMELESS, about the name of the un-welcoming ppl.."
    >>>
    >>> Well, well. Nameless posts in a relatively pleasant and informative
    >>> manner, and this is the thanks he gets.
    >>>
    >>> If I recall correctly, Nameless replied, in part: "Otherwise please
    >>> first of all look through the help files and read them, most of the
    >>> question you did ask you would not have asked if you would have done
    >>> that." And, then he went on to give you helpful information. If you
    >>> interpret that as unwelcoming, you have pretty thin skin.
    >>>
    >>> Whereas nospam replied that you should RTFM, which, of course, is good
    >>> advice, as despite the occasional error and omission, the bulk of it is
    >>> correct.
    >>>
    >>> Another idea is to search this newsgroup for keywords, sort into date
    >>> order and you will generally find what you are looking for, though
    >>> there's no guarantee that every poster has got it right. An even
    >>> better idea is to use ScriptZor and sim anything you're unsure of. A
    >>> still better idea is to just try it in the game.
    >>>
    >>> - Karnak Prime

    Well, fact is that you did ask a lot of questions you could have
    answered yourself. The rebuke you received is surely not as bad as you
    make it look like. Matter of fact your reaction is troubling me much
    more!

    Unless he takes the appropriate steps, I know what to do in the future
    if a question from him comes up. ;-O

    Sparrow schrieb:
    > Well, fact is that you did ask a lot of questions you could have
    > answered yourself. The rebuke you received is surely not as bad as you
    > make it look like. Matter of fact your reaction is troubling me much
    > more!

    Me too. Special as I answered on many of his questions and sometime
    wrote look at the doc and gave him some links in one answer too before I
    wrote RTFM.

    Bye-Bye JoSch.

Games Video Games