Laptop remote Internet access

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 24, 2005 10:31:52 PM

What is the minimum equipment required to connect a laptop to the Internet
wirelessly, besides laptop and broad band Internet connection?

Thanks....
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 24, 2005 10:31:53 PM

Bishoop wrote:
> What is the minimum equipment required to connect a laptop to the
> Internet wirelessly, besides laptop and broad band Internet
> connection?
> Thanks....

....a wireless network interface card either pci (internal) or pc-card
and a wireless router. A broadband modem is required, but presumably
that is supplied by the ISP.

a b D Laptop
March 25, 2005 7:50:57 PM

You need a wireless network adapter for the laptop, and some form of
"base station" connected to the cable or DSL modem. For most people,
today, the "base station" is a "wireless router", actually a wireless
access point, router and 5-port switch all in one unit.

Bishoop wrote:

> What is the minimum equipment required to connect a laptop to the Internet
> wirelessly, besides laptop and broad band Internet connection?
>
> Thanks....

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 25, 2005 10:15:30 PM

x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD