Closed Solved

Computer wont start, no beeps

Hello, My computer refuses to turn on and I need help.

The computer was given to me from a friend who upgraded, I have had it for about 6 months now and have made a few upgrades (RAM, PCU and case).

Everything has worked until last night, I had my computer off for 3 days and when i went to turn it on only the motherboard lights were on (because they're always on even when the comp is off). Whenever I hit the power button nothing happens regardless of what I have plugged in at the time.

I have tried moving the RAM to different slots, replaced the CMOS battery and reseated the CPU, neither have worked or else i wouldn't be asking for help.

My system:
Abit KN9 SLI Motherboard
AMD Athlon x2 4200+ @2.2GHZ with a Cooler Master Hyper 101a AMD Cooler
2x OCZ Gold Series DDR2 PC2-6400 @2G each
ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 512 Graphics Card
Seagate Barracuda 200G HD @7200 RPM
Lite-On DVD-DL Burner
RaidMax 450W Power Supply

Thank you, any help would be greatly appreciated.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer wont start beeps
  1. Best answer
    Sounds like your PSU died. Do you have a quality PSU that you can try with this system?
  2. Yep, I'll try that and get back with my results soon. Thanks for the quick response.
  3. That was it! Thank you very much!
  4. Glad to hear :)
  5. hpdeskjet said:
    Sounds like your PSU died. Do you have a quality PSU that you can try with this system?

I mate i have the same isue my intel dp67de wont boot no beep im using a delta 460w.when i press the power button the fan start for 1s then stop please need help!!!
  6. :hello: Open a new thread and we can take it from there
  7. Best answer selected by avalonion.
  8. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Computer Motherboards