Sign in with
Your question

X-Fi Not detecting after format

Last response: in Components
May 20, 2011 8:39:14 PM

Hey guys, i just formatted my pc and noticed that my sound card isnt being detected anymore. This is the card i have:

RODFAQ_15853,VARSET=CategoryID:1" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.asp...

The only change i did between this format and the previous is that i installed the onboard sound this time. Should that make a difference? The x-fi doesnt even show in the device manager. It is firmly seated in the slot because the led's on it are lighting up.

Thanks!

More about : detecting format

May 20, 2011 8:55:03 PM

i had a similar problem. i had to remove it and reinstall. then plug it back in again.
i have the xfi xtreme gamer.
May 21, 2011 7:22:25 AM

HEXiT said:
i had a similar problem. i had to remove it and reinstall. then plug it back in again.
i have the xfi xtreme gamer.

Mine is the extremegamer fatality pro, very similar. What do you mean remove it and reinstall it? It doesnt let you install the drivers if it doesnt find the device.
Related resources
May 21, 2011 2:58:13 PM

i removed it (the card), reinstalled windows fully and then reinstalled the sound card after i got windows up and running and was installing drivers. only then was it picked up... for some reason it didnt pick it up.

i have since reinstalled my system when i added a new hdd and then added raid and the card was picked up fine. both times... so it does sound like a hit and miss, plug and play problem.
May 24, 2011 4:07:58 PM

The card works now after taking it out and it again. I guess all it needed was a reseat.

Thanks!
May 25, 2011 4:53:54 PM

cool.
!