Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3
Intel i5 - 2500K Processor w/ COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
XFX Radeon HD 6970 HD-697A-CNFC Video Card with Eyefinity
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850M 850W
ASUS 24X DVD Burner
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Hard Drive
CORSAIR|600T CC600TWM-WHT Case

This isn't my first build, and I've taken this thing apart and put it together from scratch to see if I had a short or something else.

The machine is never posting. The lights and fans all cut on. The motherboard LEDs proceed as follows:

CPU - Check
RAM - Check
VGA - Check
Boot Device - Stays Red

I never get any video on the screen ( I have tried with both DVI Connections on my video card, and the DVI and VGA connection on the Motherboard On-Board Video. All sources never get any video)
I never get any sort of post Beeps.

I'm stumped.. Can anyone give me a hand here because it is seriously driving me crazy.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 422 V Motherboard
January 21, 2012 2:13:48 AM

I would breadboard the motherboard on an insulated surface with just a stick of RAM, the CPU/HSF, PSU, and no drives or video card. Plug the monitor into the onboard video. short the two pins on the motherboard that the pwr. sw. would plug into and see if you can boot to BIOS. If it's a FAIL, then the board or CPU is probably defective. The board would be my first guess.
m
l
January 21, 2012 3:15:39 AM

Sigh..... Solved..........

Wasted 3-4 hours of the day.... all to find out I forgot to set my new monitor's input to HDMI....... it was set on VGA... and the board doesn't display through the VGA when there is a PCI Express card installed......

m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 422 V Motherboard
January 21, 2012 3:25:25 AM

Congrats. None of us are ever too old to learn. And self-solving is the best learning.

Odd though, that the monitor doesn't self-search for different signal types. And that the board doesn't default from onboard video to the PCIe output when a card is inserted... Nevertheless, all's well that ends well.
m
l
May 6, 2012 8:01:55 AM

I am having massive problems with this board too.
It started with using the Asus AI prog, and I used their easy overclock, and for a day all was well, then I started getting BSOD and they were happening more often over the next day, then wouldn't post. Then I tried to reinstall win 7 64, and it keeps stopping the installation after 20-60% of the way, saying error this and error that. I am tearing my hair out.
Can anyone help ?
Its a new build, new board, P8-Z68-V/Gen3, new CPU i5 2500K unlocked, 16gb RAM even new case.
Old HDD's.
The cpu fan is warning me at a 550 or so speed, but I'd guess that isn't the problem as the temps were 30-ish.
One beep when it starts up.
Im baffled. Amazon are sending another i5, already changed the motherboard, same problems.
PLEASE help ?
m
l
May 6, 2012 9:47:59 AM

One loud beep and four short, and that isn't listed in the beep codes either, and a small red light on board, another near heatsink, and a small green light nr a small switch near the efi bios (whatever that is)
m
l
!