Advice on a build

Laphroaig

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
I'm a noob when it comes to selecting the correct hardware... Actually, this is the first time at buying a desktop gaming rig. I want a top of the range rig hence I've selected 2 x GTX 580's, 6GB Ram, and the i-7 960.

Yes, I know this is an expensive rig compared to what you can buy one for if you buildit yourself, however, I wouldn't know where to start if I built my own hence I am having built for me. I will need it delivered to the UK.

If you can give me advice on whether I have the correct parts needed for a stable rig that would be great. If you think I can get a similar rig cheaper elsewhere please let me know.

Here's the spec: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1D1R3N

Thanks in advance!

Laphroaig

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
Thanks for the link!

At the moment I play at 1920 x 108 on a gaming laptop. I'd like to play on a higher resolution if possible. I heard 2560 x 1600 is good for gaming?

Thanks again.

galeener

Distinguished
Your link didnt come up with a build for me said cannot find record.
If you want to play at that res your also going to have to get a monitor that supports it so you may want to keep that in mind unless you already have one like a dell 27 or 30 inch.

sleapeasy

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
In the last 9 years i have bought 3 computers. 1 from CP, built one, and custompcandrepairs was my last one. I saw good posts on here about them so i tried them. Building it myself was the mot satisfying, yet time consuming. CP was nothig but a headache with a mediocre product, and custompcandrepairs was the easiest most hassle free way. Building it yourself will be a little cheaper but not by much.