Sign in with
Your question

Computer won't post after "Overclocking Failure". Help me out

Last response: in Systems
February 19, 2011 5:29:35 AM

Hi, little problem here:

I put together my build about a week ago, and all has been going fine. Until this happened..

It was running a phenom 965 (3.4ghz stock) at 3.6 because I changed the multiplier in the bios. I was just using my computer normally when it froze and I had to hard reset it. It booted up and gave the message "CPU Overclocking Failure!" and gave me the option to either enter the bios, or reset bios defaults. I chose reset bios defaults and nothing happened for a minute so i shut it down again. Now whenever I try to boot it it doesn't even post.. I reset the CMOS using the mobos manual instructions. Nothing. I tried MemOK, still nothing. My case didn't come with a speaker so wasn't aware of any beeps, should I go grab one from another computer to see if it does beep?

Need to know what's happened and how I can fix it.
Thankyou:) 
February 19, 2011 5:56:57 AM

Okay connected a speaker, got one beep but nothing happened. So I hooked up my monitor to a graphics card and it boots fine with that.. So does this mean something's gone horribly wrong with the integrated graphics?
m
l
February 19, 2011 7:07:48 AM

Just fixed it on my own. Thanks for all the amazing help guys..
m
l
Related resources
February 19, 2011 6:07:40 PM

dylan_m said:
Just fixed it on my own. Thanks for all the amazing help guys..

I don't know what you were expecting, but you fixed your issue in less than 2 hours, from 2:30 in the morning to 4AM. :o 

Glad it wasn't something serious. :D 
m
l
February 26, 2011 12:37:00 AM

Actually the time zone configuration of my account is kinda screwed up. But yeah I just played around with graphics settings..
m
l
February 26, 2011 1:36:51 AM

Give people at least 4hrs. before expecting a reply, and it has to be more if you post when it's night in America
m
l
!