Upgrading GTX 280, $350 budget

Looking for some recommendations for a graphics card upgrade. My motherboard supports crossfire(GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P) and I have an ENERMAX REVOLUTION85+ 1050W psu. My system is water cooled so i will be overclocking the card to its max stable condition. All recommendations are greatly appreciated.
16 answers Last reply
More about upgrading budget
  1. What cpu do you have?

Two of THESE would be pretty sweet in crossfire. :D
  2. GTX470 if you can still land a decent water block to compliment. Beyond that you might get lucky on a GT570 but you will be stuck using it on air.
  3. Embra said:
    What cpu do you have?

Two of THESE would be pretty sweet in crossfire. :D

I hate fanboyism <_<

Not every one is interested in going crossfire/sli.
  4. Grab the GTX 570. It's a good overclocker.

If you're interested in Crossfire, 2 6850's for $360 is a good option.

What cpu do you have?
  5. nforce4max said:
    I hate fanboyism <_<

Not every one is interested in going crossfire/sli.

Errrr... excuse me, but I believe he stated his mobo supports crossfire, and if I were a "fanboy", which I am most certainly not, it would be a "fangirl". :kaola:
  6. Embra said:
    Errrr... excuse me, but I believe he stated his mobo supports crossfire, and if I were a "fanboy", which I am most certainly not, it would be a "fangirl". :kaola:

Doesn't make any difference nub. <_<

Plus I have ran sli on cough crossfire board :kaola:
  7. GTX 570

/thread
  8. 5870's are looking really cheap now.

I would go for a 6950 and wait till you have enough money to buy a 2nd for crossfire.
  9. I would say GTX 570.
  10. 6870 or a 570 depending on your preference. Pretty even across the board, but 6xxx Xfiire scales very well if you plan on upgrading later.
  11. Meant 6970
  12. l2 use edit button^

Also, 570 is a much better choice than the 6970.

And he said 350$ budget, so GTFO 6970.
  13. At work, for some reason edit button doesn't work on my phone. Isn't the msrp 350 for a 6970? Elaborate on why you think the 570 is a much better choice?
  14. Get the GTX 570, own any game, and dont look back :D
  15. If you already have the money set aside for a waterblock, then the GTX 570 or two of these:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161348&cm_re=6850-_-14-161-348-_-Product

If you do not have money set aside for a waterblock, then wait for the GTX 560 to pop out or get a GTX 470 and watercool it.
  16. nforce4max said:
    Doesn't make any difference nub. <_<

Plus I have ran sli on cough crossfire board :kaola:

Cheers to equal rights
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product