Win7 - Have connectivity but can't edit IPv4 settings

mintrepublic

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
I've googled around for an answer for this but can't seem to find one. I was trying to move some files over my network with a crossover cable, which means I needed to set a static IP. When I tried to open the IPv4 settings (or IPv6 for that matter), I got this message:

In order to configure TCP/IP you must install and enable a network adapter card.

I should emphasize, I can connect fine to my network with DHCP, but I would like the ability to manually set those things

Here's my basic setup:
Win7-64, i7 2600k
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty P67 PROFESSIONAL (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
It has 2 onboard LAN ports, which are Realtek 8111E. I had the drivers from last June, and I upgraded them to the latest before posting.
If you want more info, check my Speccy here: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/soY6tvdmZiSVo4dVv5u5HCy

Here are some screenshots:

zvtlj.png

ESX5J.png

Thanks for any help you guys have

xx_pemdas_xx

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
Iv never heard of a LAN that was dynamic IP aren't they all static.

It seems like your NIC does not support sharing files over a crossover cable with --windows 7--.

But you might be able to use a regular cable with a gigabit port on -BOTH- computers that are running windows 7 and it will switch for you to make its own crossover cable.

I suggest using a router to share files, if both computers don't have the right NIC for crossover share with windows 7.
:D
--xX_PEMDAS_Xx--