HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition monitor configuration?

lasertits

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Hello,

I'm considering this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150496

It has 6 outputs and provides the adapters needed. I currently have a 5830 with 3 monitors and an HDTV, but the 5830 only supports 3 monitors so if I want to use my TV I have to disable one and then enable the TV.

My question is simple, would I be able to use the following monitor configuration with the 5870 eyefinity 6 edition I'm considering, and I don't mean running this in eyefinity, just as separate monitors.

Config:
1 DVI monitor
1 DVI monitor
1 DisplayPort monitor
1 HDTV via HDMI

So would I be able to use all 4 at once? I've been googling for a while and I can't find any information on the possible monitor configurations.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Brian

lasertits

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Hey Wolf,

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I can't believe I was unable to find this. The 3x1 Display Group Plus 1 Extended definitely looks closest to what I want and actually matches my setup (3 monitors and TV above them). I wonder though if I have to run the 3 monitors as 1 display (in eyefinity) as it describes and not as 3 separate ones which is what I would prefer. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for the help thus far!