4 core to 3 core?

mcb99

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
I have a AMD phenom II 945 quad core processor. For the past year or so, when i boot up i see the display that says 4 cores are active...now for some reason i see 3 cores are active...What happened? can it be put back? any programs that anyone knows of?

wind 7 64
amd phenom II 945
asus m4a79t deluxe

Solution
Sounds like ACC maybe enabled for some reason. Pretty sure the splash screen should read something like "press 4 to activate all cores" if ACC is disabled, and when enabled it tells you how many cores are active 4,3,2.., even on a native x4.

Make sure Advanced Clock Calibration is disabled in your bios. page 3-18 in your manual

Go to Advanced/CPU Configuration/ and make sure "Advanced Clock Calibration" is "disabled".

If that doesn't help try clearing the cmos,page 2-20 of your manual.

g'l

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010

If you open the Resource Monitor window in Task Manager they are numbered.

green300

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Sounds like ACC maybe enabled for some reason. Pretty sure the splash screen should read something like "press 4 to activate all cores" if ACC is disabled, and when enabled it tells you how many cores are active 4,3,2.., even on a native x4.

Make sure Advanced Clock Calibration is disabled in your bios. page 3-18 in your manual

Go to Advanced/CPU Configuration/ and make sure "Advanced Clock Calibration" is "disabled".

If that doesn't help try clearing the cmos,page 2-20 of your manual.

g'l

Solution