Insectoid nests generating 10k MC when switched on

Sparrow

I now have twice the situation where I switched on an Insectoid nest
and not only where the natives around converted into insectoids, but I
also received 10k MCs in my base. Here is the log entry:
" 409441 Bovinoid natives sent to the Insectoidnest from the planet"
However, when I try to reproduce it in a sim with the same host (193) I
do not get the same result. Even with more natives on th eplanet (or
the base) I don't get the MCs. What I would like to know:
- Has anybody else seen this?
- Is it a recent change?
- Is it different if the natives are on the planet or the base?
- What is the lower limit to get the 10k?
- Does it work with all warm-blooded natives?

So many questions. ;-O

Tim, the final question to you:
- Is this desired behavior or do you want the host files?

Any input is highly appreciated!

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

It has to do with the amount of unmined neutronium at the planet. The
act of mining gives MC. I think with more insectoids you get a greater
benefit (like over 1 million natives).

Magik

Insectoids can mine up to 500 Neutronium per turn (every 2000 bugs mine
1 fuel, up to 500 at 1,000,000 bugs).

For every kt of fuel mined, you get 20 MC and (40?) Ord (for 10k MC and
20K Ord max).

As far as I can tell, there is ZERO documentation on this. I would be
in a MUCH better position in my current game if I had known about this
at the start of the game.

Sparrow

Yes, I got 20k Ord as well!

No wonder I couldn't reproduce, as I would never have thought that fuel
could come into play!

Thanks a lot!

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Oh Thank you thank you thank you!!!

This is SO good to know. I've always known I've made money on mining
neutronium (I think that is documented somewhere) but never knew exactly how
much (undocumented)..

Eric

"Amaranthine" <amaranthine1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Insectoids can mine up to 500 Neutronium per turn (every 2000 bugs mine
> 1 fuel, up to 500 at 1,000,000 bugs).
>
> For every kt of fuel mined, you get 20 MC and (40?) Ord (for 10k MC and
> 20K Ord max).
>
> As far as I can tell, there is ZERO documentation on this. I would be
> in a MUCH better position in my current game if I had known about this
> at the start of the game.

It would be nice if we could find such hidden gifts not only with the Bots...

GFM GToeroe

"Eric" <AzureMonster@AzureMonsters.Lair> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:rRWce.13309$mG3.10444@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Oh Thank you thank you thank you!!!
>
> This is SO good to know. I've always known I've made money on mining
> neutronium (I think that is documented somewhere) but never knew exactly how
> much (undocumented)..
>
> Eric
>

> "Amaranthine" <amaranthine1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Insectoids can mine up to 500 Neutronium per turn (every 2000 bugs mine
> > 1 fuel, up to 500 at 1,000,000 bugs).
> >
> > For every kt of fuel mined, you get 20 MC and (40?) Ord (for 10k MC and
> > 20K Ord max).
> >
> > As far as I can tell, there is ZERO documentation on this. I would be
> > in a MUCH better position in my current game if I had known about this
> > at the start of the game.

Maybe it is a bug and that's the reason that it is not standing in any doc.

Bye-BYe JoSch.

Gabor Törö schrieb:
> It would be nice if we could find such hidden gifts not only with the Bots...
>
> GFM GToeroe
>
> "Eric" <AzureMonster@AzureMonsters.Lair> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:rRWce.13309$mG3.10444@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>
>>Oh Thank you thank you thank you!!!
>>
>>This is SO good to know. I've always known I've made money on mining
>>neutronium (I think that is documented somewhere) but never knew exactly how
>>much (undocumented)..
>>
>>Eric
>>

>>"Amaranthine" <amaranthine1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Insectoids can mine up to 500 Neutronium per turn (every 2000 bugs mine
>>>1 fuel, up to 500 at 1,000,000 bugs).
>>>
>>>For every kt of fuel mined, you get 20 MC and (40?) Ord (for 10k MC and
>>>20K Ord max).
>>>
>>>As far as I can tell, there is ZERO documentation on this. I would be
>>>in a MUCH better position in my current game if I had known about this
>>>at the start of the game.

I think I remember this feature - at least the "insecs digging for
fuel" - thing. The longer I think about it, the more I'm sure that it's
been in the game for some time. But I've never played the Bots
seriously until now...

What do the other Bot players out thier have to say 'bout this?

Fabian

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

I play the Bots and begin the game looking for high neutronium planets,
high HD stress planets (free extra N) and natives. That's how you can
keep up with non-Bots.

Magik

No it's a feature.

In general to the thread: sorry my Cylon guide is out of date, there's
been so many changes lately that I'm just waiting for the weather to
clear before I post a new one. After that I hope the robots fall back
into charted territory as a race. =)

Skies

hellion

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004

This is from Joe Black, he has some problems with his account:

"It's even been discussed in this group before (Look at thread "Insane
Planets 4 income!")

I think this is the bots *main* source of income (at least at the early
part of the game) and it gives them tons of cash at almost no risk (if
they have enough insectoids).
So I have alwas wondered, if the guys complaining about the robots
being
so weak don't know this."

criss

Yep, we know it. Well most of us anyway. Its an excellent source of
income, its well paced, but a bit random. Once you have 1 million
insectoids you get 10k MC and 20k ord per turn while mining out 500
fuel per tun. Youll have to move around alot unless you get a high
stress planet or one with lots & lots of fuel.

To make up for it, they dont move fast. They CANT kill quickly. Their
movement is further limited by mines. Fighters are slow becuase the
ships cant carry enough to matter. Ships are expensive but just ok.
Many cant carry enough crew and troops to prevent easy capture. Never
put LTLA on your ships if lizards or birds or stormers or anyone with
good troops is fighting you. Which actually makes those expensive
ships weak relative to potential. HG cost money now but you still get
too few.

Tim just piled on the weaknesses on this one, some were added by the
later host changes. The sheer number of weaknesses is unacceptible and
make the race unviable. Only alliances and random chance make them
playable at all. One on one their dead dead dead, unless the map
settings are rediculously weighted in thier favor. Maybe one or two
enemies should be able to whack them, which is the nature of the game.
But their weaknesses make them natural prey for most of the Tim and 3rd
party races.

It needs to be remedied.

hellion wrote:
> This is from Joe Black, he has some problems with his account:
>
> "It's even been discussed in this group before (Look at thread
"Insane
> Planets 4 income!")
>
> I think this is the bots *main* source of income (at least at the
early
> part of the game) and it gives them tons of cash at almost no risk
(if
> they have enough insectoids).
> So I have alwas wondered, if the guys complaining about the robots
> being
> so weak don't know this."
>
> criss

So I have not understand why some are complaining that the Robos are
low
on money and need more "gimmicks" (advantages / changes). Maybe they
don't know how to play them.

What a laugh! Theryre not low on money, in many but not all cases.
Theyre low on capability and high on weakneses.

hellion schrieb:
> This is from Joe Black, he has some problems with his account:
>
> "It's even been discussed in this group before (Look at thread "Insane
> Planets 4 income!")
>
> I think this is the bots *main* source of income (at least at the early
> part of the game) and it gives them tons of cash at almost no risk (if
> they have enough insectoids).
> So I have alwas wondered, if the guys complaining about the robots
> being
> so weak don't know this."
>
> criss

What's with cities and tax ?
Some other races get their money only from this. Have read the Robo
cities don't need food, not lower the growth and the happiness is
unimportant for Robos. If this is right they have an advantages about
many races for money making with this in the beginning of the game. And
then the nests which make money by converting colos and natives in range
make extra money too.
So I have not understand why some are complaining that the Robos are low
on money and need more "gimmicks" (advantages / changes). Maybe they
don't know how to play them.

Bye-Bye JoSch.

ron_nac@yahoo.com schrieb:
> So I have not understand why some are complaining that the Robos are
> low
> on money and need more "gimmicks" (advantages / changes). Maybe they
> don't know how to play them.
>

> What a laugh! Theryre not low on money, in many but not all cases.
> Theyre low on capability and high on weakneses.

And not to forget they are high on features and or advantages too.
If it is balanced or how much it is out of balance can be discussed, but
that depends on map, game settings and so on too.

Bye-Bye JoSch.