Where to buy Dell Latitude X300 batteries cheaper?

I have been eyeing the Dell Latitude X300 for a little while now. I was
lucky enough that somebody at work ordered an X300 setup exactly like I
want, and I get to set it up for them. So, I am getting a chance to play
with my dream notebook.

I hate the extended battery and would like to find out if I can buy about 4
or 5 of the regular batteries somewhere cheaper than dell.com.

Any ideas? The model number of the battery is F0993

Thanks,
--Dan
8 answers Last reply
More about where dell latitude x300 batteries cheaper

    "dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >I hate the extended battery and would like to find out if I can buy about 4
    >or 5 of the regular batteries somewhere cheaper than dell.com.

    Off-brand batteries may cause you a lot of headaches, manufacturers
    are becoming a lot pickier about what batteries will work at all with
    your laptop. Yeah, they are a lot more expensive, but get the real
    Dell batteries...

    Just another sales job from a Dell shill.

    The other brands can be much cheaper and work just as well when ratings are
    the same.

    "t@z" wrote:

    > Just another sales job from a Dell shill.
    >
    > The other brands can be much cheaper and work just as well when ratings are
    > the same.

    The operative word in your statement is "can."

    With third-party accessories, there are no guarantees and,
    occasionally, warrantees are voided.

    Notan

    Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:
    >With third-party accessories, there are no guarantees and,
    >occasionally, warrantees are voided.

    In addition, third party batteries have been known to stop working
    after software upgrades. IIRC some BIOS updates will stop laptops
    from recognizing alien batteries. Laptop manufacturers are becoming
    paranoid about {melting,burning,exploding} LiIon batteries, most of
    which turn out to be aftermarket cheapo batteries...

    Try here
    http://www.impactcomputers.com/dellparts-dell-laptops-dell-latitude-x300-parts.html.
    I bought a battery for my Inspiron from them and it's been going
    strong for a year now. Dell labeled and about 2/3 the price from
    Dell.
    Anne

    Math1 wrote:
    > Try here
    > http://www.impactcomputers.com/dellparts-dell-laptops-dell-latitude-x300-parts.html.
    > I bought a battery for my Inspiron from them and it's been going
    > strong for a year now. Dell labeled and about 2/3 the price from
    > Dell.
    > Anne
    >
    > "dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I have been eyeing the Dell Latitude X300 for a little while now. I
    >> was lucky enough that somebody at work ordered an X300 setup exactly
    >> like I want, and I get to set it up for them. So, I am getting a
    >> chance to play with my dream notebook.
    >>
    >> I hate the extended battery and would like to find out if I can buy
    >> about 4 or 5 of the regular batteries somewhere cheaper than
    >> dell.com.
    >>
    >> Any ideas? The model number of the battery is F0993
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> --Dan

    impact is a great source for keeping many laptops alive. I've purchased
    parts from them for several years with absolutely no problems.

    Why am I talking to myself Billy?

    > Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:
    > >With third-party accessories, there are no guarantees and,
    > >occasionally, warrantees are voided.
    >
    > In addition, third party batteries have been known to stop working
    > after software upgrades. IIRC some BIOS updates will stop laptops
    > from recognizing alien batteries. Laptop manufacturers are becoming
    > paranoid about {melting,burning,exploding} LiIon batteries, most of
    > which turn out to be aftermarket cheapo batteries...

    Got to love this one from the brainchild here.

    <William P.N. Smith> wrote in message
    > In addition, third party batteries have been known to stop working
    > after software upgrades.

Latitude Battery Dell Laptops