two weeks ago i bought this graphic card, and i had no success using it.
my computer cannot detect it! and i know my computer is fine..
Intel E4300 @ 1.8Ghz Processor
MSI 946GZM-L motherboard
12CM FAN350W Real EZ Cool
The new card is Gigabyte HD5450 512MB DDR3
*this system had Inno3D 8500GT (for 2.5 years) Which died, i know that the power supply is fine, and HD5450 takes LESS power than 8500GT.
*my motherboard might have Pci-e 1.0 or pci-e 1.1. AND I KNOW that Pci-e 2.0/2.1 Must work on this kind of motherboards.
the exact problems, my system uses onboard graphic card (Intel GMA) instead of starting HD5450.
things i tried:
* Resetting the BIOS.
* re-inserting the Bios battery
* Updating the bios.
* To check if windows detect new hardware (it doesn't)
* To check if windows think i use multiple monitors
* to disconnect some case fans, and hard-drive for less power usage.
* I tried to use VGA, DVI, HDMI on the card to test the detection.
* i think i tried more stuff and i can't really remember them...
I made a few Bios settings Pictures
and the card is FINE, i took it to the store and showed me that it worked for them.