Sign in with
Your question

I got a new laptop... help please!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 18, 2010 10:19:11 AM

Ok so I'm a novice, haven't been using computers technically since the GeForce 9600 was the ultimate dogs bollocks, which is a while ago...

So I have managed to blag a free laptop for work and apparently its quite good and would do for gaming.

I'm sceptical, but anyhow, I want to buy a few games to test it.

However I would prefer not to be messing around with mods etc as its a hassle and I dont have the time or willpower.

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5552
AMD Athalon II X2 processor P320 Dual core @ 2.1 GHz
3GB DDR3 Memory
Running a 64-bit OS (Win7 Pro)
Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

I'm a CoD, GoW, Halo, HL, Tom Clancy, NfS, Project Gotham, GT, GTA, Elder Scrolls...

So basically a mix of First person shooters/gameplay or racing games, preferably where you can destroy polics (New NfS on Xbox is awesome... but Xbox has shocking graphics)

So yeah. If anyone can help or suggest a game with an easy mod with a reliable mod source for the game that would be good.

Peace peoples...
Astrange for global bad-ass....

More about : laptop

a b U Graphics card
December 18, 2010 1:38:02 PM

It might sound bad, but that laptop is not good for gaming.
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 18, 2010 1:41:36 PM

ribomania said:
So basically a mix of First person shooters/gameplay or racing games, preferably where you can destroy polics (New NfS on Xbox is awesome... but Xbox has shocking graphics)

What's a polics? :??:  :sarcastic: 
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 18, 2010 2:56:25 PM

Guess he tried to say police, an yea that laptop isn't good for gaming at all, it might play a few recent games at 1024x768 low-mid settings, it'll be good for older games though (2007 and under)
a c 359 U Graphics card
a c 440 D Laptop
December 18, 2010 4:29:28 PM

The good thing is that the laptop does not have an integrated Intel GMA 4500m video chip.

The bad thing is the ATI Mobility HD 4250 is only a little better. You should be able to play some games at low graphics settings and maybe some older games like HL2 (?) at medium settings.
!