I got a new laptop... help please!

Ok so I'm a novice, haven't been using computers technically since the GeForce 9600 was the ultimate dogs bollocks, which is a while ago...

So I have managed to blag a free laptop for work and apparently its quite good and would do for gaming.

I'm sceptical, but anyhow, I want to buy a few games to test it.

However I would prefer not to be messing around with mods etc as its a hassle and I dont have the time or willpower.

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5552
AMD Athalon II X2 processor P320 Dual core @ 2.1 GHz
3GB DDR3 Memory
Running a 64-bit OS (Win7 Pro)
Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

I'm a CoD, GoW, Halo, HL, Tom Clancy, NfS, Project Gotham, GT, GTA, Elder Scrolls...

So basically a mix of First person shooters/gameplay or racing games, preferably where you can destroy polics (New NfS on Xbox is awesome... but Xbox has shocking graphics)

So yeah. If anyone can help or suggest a game with an easy mod with a reliable mod source for the game that would be good.

Peace peoples...
Astrange for global bad-ass....
4 answers Last reply
More about laptop please
  1. It might sound bad, but that laptop is not good for gaming.
  2. ribomania said:
    So basically a mix of First person shooters/gameplay or racing games, preferably where you can destroy polics (New NfS on Xbox is awesome... but Xbox has shocking graphics)

What's a polics? :??: :sarcastic:
  3. Guess he tried to say police, an yea that laptop isn't good for gaming at all, it might play a few recent games at 1024x768 low-mid settings, it'll be good for older games though (2007 and under)
  4. The good thing is that the laptop does not have an integrated Intel GMA 4500m video chip.

The bad thing is the ATI Mobility HD 4250 is only a little better. You should be able to play some games at low graphics settings and maybe some older games like HL2 (?) at medium settings.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops Graphics