GT240 with Huntkey SMPS?

Hi,

I have a Huntkey vPower 550W PSU on my desktop powering a Core i3 530 on an Intel DH55TC motherboard with 2 GB DDR3 memory. I am planning to upgrade my memory to 4 GB and add a GT 240 graphics card. Will the existing PSU support this upgrade? I already have two SATA hard drives and am planning to add another one soon. Also, advice me on which maker's GT 240 I should buy.
8 answers Last reply
More about gt240 huntkey smps
  1. It will be more than enough to power a gt240.

    Just buy the one that's cheapest, and make sure it's ddr5, if you're buying from newegg it'd be this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130533&cm_re=gt240-_-14-130-533-_-Product
  2. wiinippongamer said:
    It will be more than enough to power a gt240.

    Just buy the one that's cheapest, and make sure it's ddr5, if you're buying from newegg it'd be this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130533&cm_re=gt240-_-14-130-533-_-Product



    Thanks. I checked at a local dealer, but they had only DDR 3 :-(
  3. Do you happen to live in the USA/Canada?
  4. Yes, try find the one that use DDR5 instead of DDR3.
    Or if you can't find it then you can get HD5670 for about the same price.
  5. plznote said:
    Do you happen to live in the USA/Canada?


    No. I am in Chennai, India. And I found a dealer who has the GT 240 with DDR5 (www.theitdepot.com), although not at the best price.
  6. wa1 said:
    Yes, try find the one that use DDR5 instead of DDR3.
    Or if you can't find it then you can get HD5670 for about the same price.


    I am looking to install Snow Leopard on my PC alongside Fedora 14. Most people suggest going for nVidia.
  7. Okay, Nvidia card then, get that GT240, even DDR3 version is fast enough. :)
  8. wa1 said:
    Okay, Nvidia card then, get that GT240, even DDR3 version is fast enough. :)


    Thanks all for the advice. I am getting the GT 240 along with two 2GB memory modules and a hard drive this Pongal (harvest festival over here) :-)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product