m488tdTD NO post after PCIE card installed. m488tdTD

izimm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
m488tdTD-V series.

CPU-Phenon AM3 3.5 GHZ (quad)

Vid Nvidia 800 &68 MB

Ram:Corsair 1660MHZ 2X2G's

OK I HAD a nvidia 9800 GT forlike 2 years, Never OC'dit.then 3 days agao I started getting artifacts ( Dollar signs wierd charactors on boot occasionaly lock up in game after extended sessions. So I removed that card got the 8800.

Now before I put it in I did a Format of the HD, reinstalled winodws Did ALL my hardware updates for MB and OS. and all that was done with the OB controller.

Turn off comp, install teh 800 (nvidia) and No boot.
Take it out, comp boots with OB graphics.
Now I did bios updates and cmos clearing, detached ram reattach,
Single stick, ,
Dthe orig vid card which wuoldnt work in 20 boots and 20 cmos clearings then did boot but with artifacts in (The old card which is orig issue lol)
take it out try OB again it boots to windows no porb,
I Can not install the drivers for the new card as ..well no chipset recognised,
Sobasicly in the end, I can not get teh NEW card to Boot ( the card IS working lol)

The thing is in all my years this is the first tiem I have not been able to solve this type of issue ( of course I dont run into it alot)

Any suggestions ?

m488tdTD-V series.

CPU-Phenon AM3 3.5 GHZ (quad)

Vid Nvidia 800 &68 MB

Ram:Corsair 1660MHZ 2X2G's

Updated BIOS.
Confirmednew card DOES work.
System DOES boot with OB card.
have triedmay configs but not familiar with this board ( Which I have had for 2 years but was a extra computer not used much till recently)
No beeps! no noises entire board checks out.

izimm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I in the old Nvida 9800 GT and the computer DID come on BUT it still had wierdness ( Characters liek Dollar signs and stuff Red and blue colors onboot apears Normal in windows but system runs short time to black screen.
So I am wondering ..cuz after putting in the 800 card no post. take them out use OB comp works fine .
PCIE slot gone?

and how can that happen?I NEVER mess with bios (one time 6months ago to update Bios with EZ flash and USB stick went smooth and easy)

But I NEVER OC the vid cards or MB I pretty much left it stock as it was the basement system.

Is it possible for PCIE to just ..go and if board is 2 years old doesnt Asus have like good RMA policy? as I understand it anyway or..is the m48 series garbage?I was under the impression I had a good board :(

well for my dollar amount anyway as I bought it new not used and thought i was spending smart :(

izimm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
the cards work in other machines the PSU is 750 Thermal take ( high end one too like 125 bucks) and the stoopid on board works flawlessly but sigh, no gaming. as it suks ! lol.

izimm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
welldecidedto save fora new mother board as I can not solve this isssue. :( will get it then repost once I have the extra parts to see what is wrong in case otehrs have this happen, and Ill post a good note on what I did try before giving up but for now I have to save some money for a new board to start a full swap out process of illimination.
As I get SOME boots and partial boots with trying all these same parts and a choiceof 3 vid cards.
So a seconed option in MBH ( which i just do not have atm) Ill repost BUT if anyone has a suggestion I am open to it :( on my days off all I have is my gaming to keep me sane since I quit smoking and drinking so .. need to game just to cope lol.

izimm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
any help here I am witts end, took all my parts to be teseted. Individually all parts are ok! but when i use the 8800 (nvidia) it will not post. but allparts had been tested (yesterday).. i am so sad.