GTX 470 replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The only news that I got of it is that it will have higher clocks than the GTX460 and that it will be a fully enabled gpu. Jan 20th is the expected date but knowing how things are that might changed. Overall it will be a better card but just not as cheap as the GTX460. At least for those who would like to run sli and already got one GTX460 is going to be happy to nick one for pennies on the dollar.
Not yet. Something tells me nVidia won't be able to take the efficiency of the GTX460 and the power of the GTX470. Either nV makes a high-power high-performance card or decides to play ATI and goes with an efficient but still powerful card.

The only news that I got of it is that it will have higher clocks than the GTX460 and that it will be a fully enabled gpu. Jan 20th is the expected date but knowing how things are that might changed. Overall it will be a better card but just not as cheap as the GTX460. At least for those who would like to run sli and already got one GTX460 is going to be happy to nick one for pennies on the dollar.

Solution

You can call it what you like (and I'm sure you will) but as you're not the one making it the manufacturer can call it anything they want to and if that happens to be GF114 then that is what it will be called or should we start referring to Cayman as Evergreen MKII?

I was just poking fun. I think of GF110 as GF100b/GF110; they're one and the same. Is it a coincidence that the GTX580 looks extremely similar to the GTX480 spec'd two august's ago?

Also that last name sounds pretty BA.

I know, GF110 is GF100b in all but name as it's what the original Fermi was supposed to be but never was unfortunately there are many out there that will just see that and then start asking about this "GF100b" GPU that doesn't actually exist and we have to start going through all the explaining again just as we've had to do with the 8800/9800/GTS250's and 5850/5870/6850/6870's just because of a few glib comments when people are trying to "be funny" .

No harm in a question. Although there should be a sticky full of GPU information (components, basic architecture, slight history, recent stories such as GF110vsGF100b/HD5850->HD6850).

Anyways, I see your point. Merry Christmas
christmas_smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.