Cold cathode stoped working

iknwnothing

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
hi guys i just built my new system using it now, i just have a problem i boulght two cold cathode tubes that came together with a little box to plug them into and i installed them in my case along with the rest of my components but the problem is they turned off after a few hours so i got them exchanged thinking they where defective so i installed the new cathodes and the same thing happened they worked for a while but then turns it self off and i cant get them to light up again the two tubes are connected to a small box and the box connects to one of my molex connectors please help, i was thinking is it my mobo that turns it off? if not what could it be, sorry if i am in the wrong section

chef7734

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
When i use cold cathodes I do not run them to the mob. Plug them into the psu. Where did you buy them and what type are they. Is there a power switch on them that accidentally got turned off?

chef7734

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

In most of my builds I have cut the wires from the switch and bypassed the switch. You could give this a try but you cant return it if you do this.

iknwnothing

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
thanks for the help guys, ive tried it on two computers and still nothing so i think im going to go back to frys and have them look at it, mostlikely ill just spend more for a better one without the blue box