My computer freezes whenever i give some load or work

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Computers
Last response: in CPUs
May 22, 2011 3:02:42 AM

Hi Friends,Im new to TOM'S HARDWARE>>>

I got some real problem with my computer>>

When ever i give some work load like copying files from one local drive to another local drive,
Or pendrive to harddisk or harddisk to pendrive,OR Playing games OR running more programs at the same time,Writing dvds>>>(Where the cpu used to work in full load)

MY COMPUTER FREEZES and creates a Tweek,Tweek(NOT A BEEP SOUND) sound from the cpu>>(A tick tick sound that produced by a wall clock but little bit louder than the wall clock)>>

i recently installed some hardware in my computer>>

my old pc specs:

Motherboard:-Asus Motherboard(AM2+)M2N68-AM PLUS....,Dual channel DDR2 support,PCI Express X16>>
Processor:-AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+(Dual processor) 2.7ghz>>
Ram:2gb DDR2 Ram>>
Graphics card:-Geforce 8400gs ddr2(Not inbuilt)>>
Hard disk:360gb>>

Now my upgraded pc specs is:

Motherboard:-Asus Motherboard(AM2+)M2N68-AM PLUS....,Dual channel DDR2 support,PCI Express X16>>
Processor:-AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+(Dual processor) 2.7ghz>>
Ram:2gb DDR2 Ram(OLD),2gb ddr2 ram (NEW) total 4gb ddr2 ram>>
Graphics card:-Asus ati radeon hd 5670 1gb ddr3(NEW)>>
Hard disk:360gb>>

I was already having some heat issues in my cpu before the upgrade>>

the problem still continues after the installation of new hardwares>>

I am using a software called CORE TEMP V 0.99.8>>
my cpu has 2 cores>>
Core 1 low temp is:42'C
Core 2 low temp is:37'C

Core 1 high temp is:90'C(WHEN I PLAY GAMES)
Core 2 high temp is:80'C(WHEN I PLAY GAMES)

Also MY Powersupply fan making weird Loud noise when i start my computer>>(this problem occurs before the upgrade and it still continues after the upgrade)

but the noise stops after 3 minutes>>>
some of my friends told that it must be a ram problem>
I checked my new ram whether it has some defects but it is perfectly good and compatible with my old ram>>and i also worked my computer without the new ram but the problem continues >>

and i cleaned my old ram and new ram >>but the problem continues>>

some says it must be some registry problem,so i used a registry cleaner to optimize it,but the problem continues>>
Then finally i reinstalled my OS(Windows Xp sp3 32 bit version)but the problem continues>>

I NEED SOME EXPERTS ADVICE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM >>PLZZZZZZZZZZZ help

More about : computer freezes give load work

a c 119 à CPUs
May 22, 2011 3:37:53 AM

well your definatly in trouble. the athlon x2 temp limit is 58-68 degrees anything over than and you damage it...
first make sure your cooler is clean and has decent thermal paste applied.
the cpu will try to throttle but may not be able to. in that case enter bios load failsafe or optimized defaults. turn off cool and quiet. make sure your running at 1.325v 1.350v or 1.375v (lower is better if its stable) and stock settings. turn auto clock settings off and set them to normal. this will reduce the auto oc that most am2 motherboards do. you should notice an immediate temp drop...

lastly consider a 3rd party cooler. a decent 1 like the zalman cnps flex with a high cfm fan or a coolermaster hyper 212
m
l
May 22, 2011 12:30:00 PM

You have all the symptoms of a failing hard drive, especially this:

"MY COMPUTER FREEZES and creates a Tweek,Tweek(NOT A BEEP SOUND) sound from the cpu>>(A tick tick sound that produced by a wall clock but little bit louder than the wall clock)>> "

Never heard of a ticking CPU.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 22, 2011 12:35:01 PM

First priority would be to get that CPU temp down ASAP. You could fry bacon on that thing! Second priority would be to get something like Hiren's boot CD and launch one of the HDD tools to check and see if your drive is malfunctioning. Seriously, though, that's hot.
m
l
Related resources
!