FPS crashing for no obvious reason

just built a new system with a gtx 460 and a corsair psu and everything was fine the first few days, now during black ops my fps will drop to about 6fps for around 5-10 seconds then return to normal. i have evga precision and when i look at the graphs my gpu usage drops along with the fps. my temp stays below 50C so its not an overheating issue. is this a driver issue or what's going on?

the only other game i've been playing that's somewhat graphics heavy is Grid and i haven't noticed it with that. i installed drivers for a wireless card that i found out was 32 bit after the fact and i'm running on a 64 bit platform and i kept getting this message to rename c:/programs to c:/programs1 to avoid some programs not running correctly and uninstalled the driver since i'm returning the card and haven't gotten the message since the uninstall, anyway that could affect the driver to my graphics card? i haven't played grid since the wireless card was put in so i haven't seen if the problem happens with that too. but i do know black ops does have quite a few problems so it'd make sense that it's just that game.

The game is crashing?You said it was just slowing

I don't see how a Wireless card could make you crash,but go ahead and install the 64bit drivers see if that solves it.

Also try playing a bunch of other games,see if it crashes on other games too.

Most likely the problem is Black Ops,they have lots of bugs with that game.I too am a victim of the random crashes.

the game is stable, just the FPS drop from 90 to like 5 and stay there for about 5-10 seconds. it was the actual hardware of the wireless card that was 32 bit so i'm going to get a different one. but i played on the old patch and was fine and the new one is when it started, so it's most likely the game.