Dr Debug Code 53 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashu545

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
OK so I am having a problem.
I built my computer. Not too fancy but it will run my games just fine.

The parts that are having problems:
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68 Motherboard
G Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1600 MHz Ram (2 x 4gb)

After Windows Install It only showed 4 gbs instead of 8gbs, so i toke out the ram and put it back and I have been doing this for the past 2 hours. I get dr debug code 53 every time I try to boot. Once with one stick I got dr debug code 30 but I do not know what that means.

I know this is a little nooby but, How do I correctly insert my ram so my system boots?
I have saved up for this computer for a fairly long time and I would like to get it working. :cry:

Full Specs:
i5 2500k @ 3.3GHz
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68 Motherboard
G Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1600 MHz Ram (2 x 4gb)
Amd Radeon HD Sapphire 6870
Cosair TX750
Hp 24X DVD Writer/Drive
Haf 922 (ATX)

Solution

once ram is positioned just push down on it until the plastic clips click into place, make sure when pressing down ram is level and not too far down on one side than the other, you shouldnt have to apply to much pressure for the plastic clips on the side to lock the rams into place. hope this helps

regards

konabud

sashu545

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I think I am putting in the ram incorrectly. I know I put it the right side.
This is the first custom build that I got. I had someone building it for me but then that person had to leave and I needed to fix this on my own and I don't know how you are supposed to put the ram into the motherboard.

Does it click into place? Do I need to manually close the plastic things on the sides? How do I do it?

kingoku

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012

once ram is positioned just push down on it until the plastic clips click into place, make sure when pressing down ram is level and not too far down on one side than the other, you shouldnt have to apply to much pressure for the plastic clips on the side to lock the rams into place. hope this helps

regards

konabud

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.