Sign in with
Your question

More driver problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b } Memory
December 19, 2010 3:36:18 AM

I have had many driver problems with my new video card. (Sapphire HD6850 Toxic) I have downloaded all the latest drivers and installed all that I caould to help. While BFBC2 was loading, it completely stopped and when I went back to my windows desktop, it gave me two errors. The first error was that there was a memory problem, the second error was that my graphics drivers were mot responding again. I have trashed all my old Nvidia drivers and installed only the AMD drivers. My integrated graphics are Nvidia, and I know that could be a problem. Is the memory problem a GPU memory problem or a regular memory problem? Should I try to uninstall and then reinstall the AMD drivers? Should I install my integrated graphics drivers? (Other PCI Bridge Device) Please help. :( 

More about : driver problems

December 19, 2010 10:38:23 AM

I would try reinstalling in safe mode.
December 19, 2010 11:11:15 AM

HostileDonut said:
I have had many driver problems with my new video card. (Sapphire HD6850 Toxic) I have downloaded all the latest drivers and installed all that I caould to help. While BFBC2 was loading, it completely stopped and when I went back to my windows desktop, it gave me two errors. The first error was that there was a memory problem, the second error was that my graphics drivers were mot responding again. I have trashed all my old Nvidia drivers and installed only the AMD drivers. My integrated graphics are Nvidia, and I know that could be a problem. Is the memory problem a GPU memory problem or a regular memory problem? Should I try to uninstall and then reinstall the AMD drivers? Should I install my integrated graphics drivers? (Other PCI Bridge Device) Please help. :( 

Try this again(re-download and install again)

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downl [...] loads.aspx

just pick witch OS you have from list, on that page download AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview for Windows 7/what ever OS your using– Featuring the new Catalyst Control Center.

BTW what motherboard do you have?
Related resources
a b } Memory
December 19, 2010 4:15:33 PM

I am using a Biostar Mcp6p m2+ motherboard. That should work though. I already re-downloaded and re-installed it multiple times I think. If I did it in safe mode, would that mean that the drivers would only work correctly in safe mode and never in regular mode?
December 19, 2010 4:33:00 PM

HostileDonut said:
I am using a Biostar Mcp6p m2+ motherboard. That should work though. I already re-downloaded and re-installed it multiple times I think. If I did it in safe mode, would that mean that the drivers would only work correctly in safe mode and never in regular mode?

Nope shouldn't btw if you can get to your desktop in safe mode using your ATI card then the problems has to be that your computer is trying to apply the old Nvidia drivers while your using your ATI card and causing problems, look on Add/Remove programs and make sure Nvidia is gone and take a look on your C Drive for a folder labeled Nvidia. If you want i can Remote connect to you and take a look with your setup and drivers, if you wanna do that send me a personal message and we can set it up ;) 
a b } Memory
December 19, 2010 8:12:52 PM

All right, I have removed all the Nvidia drivers when I got the card, they are wiped clean. I'll make sure of it again though.
a b } Memory
December 19, 2010 8:18:39 PM

Alright, in my C drive I found two Nvidia things. Here they are: HDAudioWHQLDriver, and Win2KXP. Should I delete them???
December 19, 2010 8:34:56 PM

Have you used a driver sweeper to clear out the nvidia drivers?
December 19, 2010 8:45:42 PM

HostileDonut said:
Alright, in my C drive I found two Nvidia things. Here they are: HDAudioWHQLDriver, and Win2KXP. Should I delete them???

No i think that's for the sound card, try the Driver sweeper like Strangestrang said and have it look for the video card drivers and removed them.
a b } Memory
December 19, 2010 11:08:10 PM

Like the free driver sweeper from Sapphiretech.com?
a b } Memory
December 20, 2010 2:08:24 AM

Okay, are there any Nvidia drivers that if I see I should keep? (I freakin' HATE Nvidia)
December 20, 2010 2:54:21 AM

HostileDonut said:
Okay, are there any Nvidia drivers that if I see I should keep? (I freakin' HATE Nvidia)

Check the box that says ''Nvidia - Display'' and click Analyse(also spelled "analyze" in American English lol) then it will show you a list, if any of them say ''Nvidia Display'' check in the box next to it and hit the button called ''Clean'' and do that to all of them labeled Nvidia Display(if you see any labeled Nvidia - chipset or Nvidia - Lan, etc....etc leave them alone only ones Labeled ''Nvidia - Display'') till you see no more in the list(you should restart after you have removed them all)and you should be set ;) 
a b } Memory
December 20, 2010 4:59:24 PM

Timmy, I ran the driver sweeper, but it just kept looking like it did something but it didn't. It deleted some Nvidia files, but a lot more were left. I ran it all night too, why did nothing happen?
December 20, 2010 8:45:28 PM

HostileDonut said:
Timmy, I ran the driver sweeper, but it just kept looking like it did something but it didn't. It deleted some Nvidia files, but a lot more were left. I ran it all night too, why did nothing happen?

hmmm do you have a msn? or Team viewer? i could just do it myself but yeah it doesn't take long you just check the box where you see Nvidia - Display(on all of them)then click clean, its not like a virus scan its almost instant with results then you simply just find ''Nivida - Display'' in the list, check the box next to it then hit ''Clean'' done just restart.
a b } Memory
December 20, 2010 9:41:56 PM

Okay, I'll try it again.
a b } Memory
December 20, 2010 10:17:16 PM

Didn't work. My dad suggested a thing called "crap cleaner". I'll try that and then get back to you.
December 20, 2010 10:22:36 PM

HostileDonut said:
Didn't work. My dad suggested a thing called "crap cleaner". I'll try that and then get back to you.

ok
!