EVGA 460GTX 1373 vs 1372. What's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntiger

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010
I was buying components for a new computer. I was getting the following and had a questions about my video card selection.

Intel i7-950 CPU
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UDR Motherboard
6Gb Corsair C7 Tri-Chanel memory
Cool Master Hyper 212+ cooler
Antec Three Hundred Case

I can't tell the difference between the EVGA 460GTX 1Gb model video cards such as the 01G-P3-1373-TR and the 01G-P3-1372-TR other than the $30 I can save by going with the 1373 unit. I might get another video card to match up with this one in the future but they both can do that.

Can anyone tell me the major differece and if there is a good reason to go with one over the other?

Oh, I am also planning on going with the Silverstone ST85F-P 850W power supply.

Thanks!!!

Solution
1373 is the External Exhaust version with a blower type fan that pushes exhaust air through the card and outside through the rear of the case.

1372 is a more effective and quieter cooler, but it blows directly onto the GPU and pushes hot exhaust air into the inside of the case.

The External Exhaust will keep your case temperatures cooler, but the difference is not enough to make much, if any, difference to your system. You should get the 1372 for the quieter fan. Both are Superclocked models.
1373 is the External Exhaust version with a blower type fan that pushes exhaust air through the card and outside through the rear of the case.

1372 is a more effective and quieter cooler, but it blows directly onto the GPU and pushes hot exhaust air into the inside of the case.

The External Exhaust will keep your case temperatures cooler, but the difference is not enough to make much, if any, difference to your system. You should get the 1372 for the quieter fan. Both are Superclocked models.

Solution

rockyjohn

Distinguished

tntiger

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010

I appreciate all the helpful replies. I used the comparison chart that Newegg listed and ALL the major info that they listed such as core speed and such was exactly the same. I should have gone to EVGA to see what they said about the two cards.

I really appreciate the info and advice matto17specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.