New gaming system I ordered from CyberPower Newbie Q's

thorsnake

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
CAS: * Raidmax Blade Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-760 2.80 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1156
CS_FAN: Default case fans
FA_HDD: None
FAN: XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer [+10] (BLACK COLOR)
FLOPPY: None
GLASSES: None
HDD: 640GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+4] (Single Hard Drive)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: None
KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
MB_ADDON: None
MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] Asus P7P55 LX Intel P55 Chipset DDR3 LGA1156 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI [+38]
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
NCSW: None
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+63]
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOFT1: Free Microsoft(R) Office(R) 2010 STARTER EDITION (Reduced-Functionality versions of Word and Excel that include advertising)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TVRC: None
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VC_PHYSX: None
VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+72] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
WNC: None
_PRICE: (+882)
_view_: d
----------------------------------------------------------------------

So It's time for me to get a new gaming computer. My dad challenged me to a eating contest " No kidding " and if I won I got a new computer. To hold him to his word we ordered one real fast online as I was only visiting for a few hours that day. The above is what I came up with under the 900.00 Max I could go.

I went with the 800w power supply, as I have a new XFX 5750 Ati video card at home allready, so I could cross fire the cards. Even thought it was a free upgrade from 1333 memory to 1600 does the I5 processor max out at 1333? I upgraded from a 1tb Sata III to a 640gig for the increased 64 cache? I don't use allot of hard drive space. This system will be used for World of Warcraft, and school. I don't play any other games.

Also they have a cheap option to overclock +10% for $19.00 seems like a good price. Will overclocking shorten my systems life span that much? It's not being shipped will around March 2nd so i have time to make some changes. Any idea what Cataclysm World of Warcraft FPS might be?

In crossfire which card do I connect my monitors to? I run 2x20.5" LCD monitors.

Thanks for any input :)

You connect both monitors to the first video card.
Overclocking, within reason and keeping the CPU temps under control, will only slightly shorten the lifespan of the CPU... say from 20 years to 18 years, as a WAG.
The water cooling option will let you overclock the CPU yourself if you want to pass on the pre-overclock option. You should be able to get 30~40% overclock easy (3.6Ghz+).

Asus P7P55 LX does CrossfireX at x16/x4 which is less ideal than the usual x8/x8. While not ideal, this isn't a deal breaker.
The PSU size is above what two HD 5750s and the rest of the parts need. A high quality 600W PSU would have been good.

power_consumption.jpg

thorsnake

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011

The other
motherboard in my price range is CrossFireX/SLI] EVGA P55 TR Intel P55V Chipset DDR3 Socket 1156 mATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, & 2 PCIe X1 should I switch to this?

thorsnake

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011

Not any time soon since I'm in school with no job atm. I could easily change to the 2nd motherboard if that a 8x8? I'm staying with the 800w power supply it a good deal on price.

thorsnake

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011

I'll switch to the the above EVGA tomorrow. Is the power supply good enough if I ever do upgrade the video cards? Although it will be a while till i could. Am I correct about the I5 processor not recognizing the 1600mgz memory, that it only goes up to 1333?

Thanks for all your help!

I can't give you a definitive answer on that house brand power supply without knowing the MFGR and it's MFGR's model number.
But the chances are very good you could upgrade to two mid-range video cards in a couple years.
The power requirements have been coming down a bit for the most recent video cards and that trend should continue for the mid-range stuff.