Solved

Can I play Mass Effect 2 with this build

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-880GM USB-3
CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T
GPU: Radeon HD 6850
RAM: 8GB 1333 (Corsair)

Will I be able to play Mass Effect 2 and maybe some
future titles with this build?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about play mass effect build
  1. What resolution do you plan on playing on? If you haven't built it yet. Whats your budget? We could make a solid build to save you some money.

    Otherwise that build will obviously play ME2. Depending on the resolution.

    Check out my Siggy for builds associated with the pricing of 450, 600, 1000, 1250, 1500$
  2. aznshinobi said:
    What resolution do you plan on playing on? If you haven't built it yet. Whats your budget? We could make a solid build to save you some money.

    Otherwise that build will obviously play ME2. Depending on the resolution.

    Check out my Siggy for builds associated with the pricing of 450, 600, 1000, 1250, 1500$


    I''l be using Asus ML238H monitor.

    Budget is about $1200-$1300
  3. No render/encode

    Drop to 955BE + 4gb ddr3
    Hit a CFable +USB/SATA 3.0 Asrock 870Exteme3
    Up to a HD 6870?
  4. Best answer
    Power9914 said:
    MOBO: Gigabyte GA-880GM USB-3
    CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T
    GPU: Radeon HD 6850
    RAM: 8GB 1333 (Corsair)

    Will I be able to play Mass Effect 2 and maybe some
    future titles with this build?


    A 6850 should be able to handle Mass Effect 2 easily. I play mass effect at 1920 x 1080 with the following specs:

    AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2Ghz
    Sapphire HD 5770 1GB
    Corsair XMS3 Series DDR3 (dual-channel) RAM 2GB


    so you should have no trouble at all running it at 1920 x 1080. You have a great system.
  5. batuchka said:
    No render/encode

    Drop to 955BE + 4gb ddr3
    Hit a CFable +USB/SATA 3.0 Asrock 870Exteme3
    Up to a HD 6870?


    That's a great idea, no need to use a 6-core processor, the gaming graphics will be helped more by upgrading the card to say...a 6970 card

    You just need to make sure the case you buy can handle it. The price on the Cooler Master HAF 932 Full tower case is about $119 now so that can handle a big card.

    I would downgrade the processor and upgrade the card.
  6. john5246 said:
    That's a great idea, no need to use a 6-core processor, the gaming graphics will be helped more by upgrading the card to say...a 6970 card

    You just need to make sure the case you buy can handle it. The price on the Cooler Master HAF 932 Full tower case is about $119 now so that can handle a big card.

    I would downgrade the processor and upgrade the card.


    Thanks for your feedback. I'll see what I can do.
  7. Best answer selected by Power9914.
  8. Power9914 said:
    MOBO: Gigabyte GA-880GM USB-3
    CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T
    GPU: Radeon HD 6850
    RAM: 8GB 1333 (Corsair)

    Will I be able to play Mass Effect 2 and maybe some
    future titles with this build?


    Of course you can play mass effect 2 in max settings with that build...im currently playing mass effect 2 on my athlon 2.2ghz duel core, 2gigs of ram and a ATI 4850 gpu...It plays it on max settings getting around 50-60fps on a 1920x1080 resolution...i know my system is old lol...but i'll be building a new one this April once sandy bridge platforms are re-release
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product