Computer boots but does not Show POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I am not really 100% sure how to ask this question its extremely odd. Most everyone I have talked to has had the same reaction of what the heck. Recently after installing a New CPU cooler my computer stopped showing the Post screen. The computer still boots up no problem and ever thing else runs fine. I thought it might be the CPU cooler a Corsair H60 but after checking it out and re seating it the issue still exist. The only possible cause I can think of is the fact I am hooking my monitor up thought HDMI. The reason I think it might be the Monitor is because if its turned off then turned back on it works fine no problem and the computer can be rebooted and the post will show.

My specs are as follows

Gigabyte GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
16 gigs of DDR3 GSkill Sniper Memory
EVGA Nvidia GTX 560T TI
2x's Intel SSD 80gig harddrives
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz
750 watt Corsair power Supply
CPU Cooler is the Corsair H60

Thanks guys in advanced hopefully didnt leave anything out you might need.

Solution
I don't think that the heatsink has anything to do with the problem. I have had a similar problem in the past and it turned out that it took a while from powering up for the monitor to see the video signal so that it missed the post screen. Fitting a different monitor cured the problem. Strangely when fitting the slow monitor to another computer it worked fine. It may be a combination of graphics card and monitor.
I don't think that the heatsink has anything to do with the problem. I have had a similar problem in the past and it turned out that it took a while from powering up for the monitor to see the video signal so that it missed the post screen. Fitting a different monitor cured the problem. Strangely when fitting the slow monitor to another computer it worked fine. It may be a combination of graphics card and monitor.

Solution

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008

That is what I was thinking to There is no other reasonable explanation for it.

Thank you both for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.