Ivy Bridge

Hey guys I am looking to build my first desktop computer and I am wondering for my 300-400 price range would it be better to buy a i7 2600k or wait for a ivy bridge cpu I want a powerful gaming machine without having to pay 1k for the cpu any input greatly appreciated.
7 answers Last reply
More about bridge
  1. Unless Intel makes some sort of special announcement, Ivy Bridge isn't due out until the first month or two of 2012. If you can wait that long, then do it.
  2. 2500k is close to 2600k for gaming, and even with a big budget it's probably worth saving the $100.
  3. Leaps-from-Shadows said:
    Unless Intel makes some sort of special announcement, Ivy Bridge isn't due out until the first month or two of 2012. If you can wait that long, then do it.

And at that point, there will be something else to wait for.

At some point you will need to decide to build something.
  4. Most of the time the GPU makes most of the difference, not the CPU; therefore I also think the 2500k is the best value. AMD CPUs also offer great value, but until recently, none of their chipset had SLI support.
  5. Looks like Ivy Bridge is getting pushed back, and not pulled forward as some had hoped...

March/April 2012
  6. ok thanks for the link any idea on what motherboard would run best with the i7 2600k
  7. tyler94 said:
    ok thanks for the link any idea on what motherboard would run best with the i7 2600k

If you want Quick Sync, then the Asus P8Z67 would be a great choice. If you don't care about Quick Sync then a P8P67 series would be fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Product