Sign in with
Your question

ATI RADEON 5770 HD Problem!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 19, 2010 7:56:22 PM

Hey guy's, I just picked up the ATI Radeon 5770 HD yesterday from Tigerdirect.ca

I proceeded to insert the video card into the port where my old ATI RADEON 2600Pro was, and after much effort, and being careful the video card went in.

Amongst booting up my PC, I noticed that there was nothing showing up on my monitor.
Yes, I plugged in the DVI cord. Does anybody know why I cant see anything?

(i CAN see my screen when my old gfx card is in, however.)
:sweat: 
December 19, 2010 8:23:04 PM

did you plug in the 6 pin pci-e power connector?
m
l
December 20, 2010 12:00:55 AM

is it a pcie 2.1 gfx card? if you run a 2.1 card in a 1.x pcie slot, you are likely to get issues. If that is the case you need to either send it back and get a pcie2.0 card or upgrade your motherboard to one that has a pcie2.x slot
m
l
Related resources
December 20, 2010 12:07:50 AM

Sounds like he failed to read the installation instructions. lol

It won't work without the psu power plugged into the video card.
m
l
December 20, 2010 12:14:30 AM

Thing is though, I can't find the psu power plug the cord that the Graphics Card came with.

Nor' can I see a spot on the card where I can plug that cord in.
m
l
December 20, 2010 12:51:26 AM

could you post a link to your specific card? also the 6 pin port should be on the opposite end from the Dvi port. you should see a small black box shaped thing about 1/2 inch diameter.

if your power supply does not have a 6 pin Pci-e connector than your going to need something like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
December 20, 2010 6:48:55 AM

trenttrubela said:
Thing is though, I can't find the psu power plug the cord that the Graphics Card came with.

What powersupply make and model do you have?
m
l
December 20, 2010 2:16:53 PM

trenttrubela said:

READ DIRECTIONS THAT CAME WITH VIDEO CARD> GEEZ
m
l
December 20, 2010 2:20:54 PM

geekapproved said:
READ DIRECTIONS THAT CAME WITH VIDEO CARD> GEEZ

No need to use CAPS, gives the impression your shouting or being aggressive. :non: 
m
l
December 20, 2010 4:12:43 PM

Rustyy117 said:
No need to use CAPS, gives the impression your shouting or being aggressive. :non: 

Well it's the SECOND time I told him to read his directions and he's STILL asking questions that can be answered by reading the direction such as " I can't see a place on my video card to plug in the power">
Sometimes you have to raise your voice to get someone who's obviously hardheaded and common sense challenged to get it.
m
l
!