Sign in with
Your question

New Gaming/Media Build Advice $750-850 USD

Last response: in Systems
February 21, 2011 3:35:43 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: This week

Budget Range: $850 Maximum, and that includes Windows 7, after rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Browsing the Internet, HD streaming/movies and gaming.

Parts Not Required: Mouse, Keyboard, Speakers, Monitors (I have a 21.5" 1920x1080 Acer)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Amazon, any US website with a good deal that will be cheaper after shipping than these two websites. Note: I don't live near any bestbuy/frys or microcenter, so those are out of the question. It has to be online only.

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: The best deal

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire:No

Monitor Resolution:1920x1080

Additional Comments: Built more towards gaming, I'd like the computer to get some mileage. I won't upgrade anything for at least a year or two. Also, hopefully we can upgrade most components to last, so in 1 or 2 years, I can pop out the Mobo/CPU and upgrade those using mostly the same parts (Powersupply, Case, RAM, Video card) If possible.

I've been doing quite a bit of research and am leaning towards an AMD 955 with 4gb ram. I should be able to go with a 550w powersupply, and hopefully a 460 or 6850? Also, I don't need a lot of space, I think a Spinpoint 500gb will be plenty, and even 320gb is fine with me. That's what I'm using now and I have never had a problem with space at all.

Proposed build:
AMD 955 + ASUS AM3 Mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

and

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.as...

I don't know how to get the link for the public wish list...
February 21, 2011 5:03:25 PM

Is a 700W powersupply necessary? I've heard a lot about powersupplies and a lot of brands are pretty sketchy I hear, and to stick with SeaSonic or Corsair or Antec I believe. Also, what about that Ram?
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
February 21, 2011 5:05:30 PM

Not necessary but a nice 80+ 700watter gives ya room in case u want to CF
Silent Pro series are good to go
Team are little known in USA as they just broke in but peeps outside USA will know they are low cost OCable RAMs ^^
m
l
February 21, 2011 5:27:05 PM

Thanks for the help then. I'll let this sit awhile more, but it looks like that is a better build.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 21, 2011 5:31:16 PM

Yep u are welcomed ^^
m
l
February 22, 2011 6:55:43 PM

any other inputs before I order?
m
l
!