Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

GTX 460 768mb vs 5770

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 19, 2010 11:56:59 PM

I was going to go with the 5770 at first from its price standpoint, but im not sure if i should do the 460 now
Either card is only going to be used to play cataclysm on wow so should i do the extra 20 bucks for the 460 or stay with the 5770

460 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

5770 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Build using x3 450 and asrock 770

More about : gtx 460 768mb 5770

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 12:10:42 AM

jonbeas said:
I was going to go with the 5770 at first from its price standpoint, but im not sure if i should do the 460 now
Either card is only going to be used to play cataclysm on wow so should i do the extra 20 bucks for the 460 or stay with the 5770

460 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

5770 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Build using x3 450 and asrock 770


I would go with the 460, and if you can afford it grab the 1 gig model. Check out toms hw's $500 gaming pc on the front page it uses a 768mb gtx 460 and a triple core amd overclocked at 3.8 ish and indeed it produces some very nice numbers for the money. and more than "playable" framerates in most games at 1080p. IMO the 5770 struggles at 1080p in most modern dx11 games. Go for the 460 it is a great value and if you can afford it go with the 1 gig model. What is the make and model of your power supply?? The gtx 460 will require 2 6 pin pci express connections and if you do not have that then you will have to use a 2 molex to 1 6 pin adapter or two as well as ample wattage and amps on a 12v rail.
Share
December 20, 2010 12:16:34 AM

Best answer selected by Jonbeas.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 20, 2010 12:17:00 AM

Thanks for your help
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 12:18:57 AM

your welcome let me know if you have any other questions, just personal message me.
m
0
l
December 20, 2010 12:19:28 AM

jjb8675309 said:
What is the make and model of your power supply?? The gtx 460 will require 2 6 pin pci express connections and if you do not have that then you will have to use a 2 molex to 1 6 pin adapter or two as well as ample wattage and amps on a 12v rail.


My power supply will be

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

will that work?
m
0
l
December 20, 2010 12:29:06 AM

jjb8675309 said:
oh yeah you will be fine that is a great psu.


ok thanks and how much of a benefit is the 1gb over the 768mb and what difference would there be

also if i go with the 1gb what brand 460 would you recommend since I'm hearing mail in rebates are not even worth the trouble
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 1:12:03 AM

jonbeas said:
ok thanks and how much of a benefit is the 1gb over the 768mb and what difference would there be

also if i go with the 1gb what brand 460 would you recommend since I'm hearing mail in rebates are not even worth the trouble



only you can decide if the performance increase is worth it, but I would say it is. here is a review of the 768mb vs 1 gig. Seems that is about 10-15% faster and the 768mb version seems to trail off at 1080p.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-r...

if i were to buy a 1 gig model right now off newegg i would get this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

or for a little more the asus direct cu version will allow you to do a volt mod for even higher overclocking if you wish:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

deals change every day but as of right now I would go with either of these models and you will not be dissapointed for that price range.
m
0
l
!