Mother board does not read memory

My 3 year old Toshiba Laptop came with 704 MB of RAM. I took it to Staples to upgrade to 2 GB of RAM. When the technician installed two 1 GB memory cards, the PC wouldn't boot up. It also wouldn't boot up with if only one 1 GB memory card was installed. After trying various combinations, my PC would boot up if the new one 1 GB memory card and the old 512 MB Memory card were installed together. However, even with both cards installed, when we checked the system specs, it only showed 980 MB of memory installed. The technician told me that he had never had this problem during his 15 years experience working on PC's. Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about mother board read memory
  1. You check the specifications in your manual or provide the model of you Toshiba. It is possible that your laptop has a RAM limit of less than 2GB.
  2. treefrog07 said:
    You check the specifications in your manual or provide the model of you Toshiba. It is possible that your laptop has a RAM limit of less than 2GB.

Thanks for the quick response to my request. The Tobshiba Model Number is A105-S101. The Handbook that came with the computer does not mention a RAM limit. Any help you can is appreciated. Thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Memory Card RAM Boot Motherboards