Sign in with
Your question

PLEASE HELP!!! NEW BUILD NOT BOOTING UP!!!

Last response: in Systems
February 21, 2011 6:46:18 PM

Ok this is a real problem and I have just had the computer sitting in my room for a month now...I am getting really worried that this was a huge waste of money. The bottom line is im kind of a computer enthusiast but I really dont know a whole lot about them, I just like them lol. So I decided to build my own computer for the first time...So this is my first build ever and I need help.

These are my parts:

MOBO: Asus M4a89GTD Pro/USB3

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE

Power: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W

Memory: Corsair xms3 4gb (2x2gb) DDR3 1600mhz (model: CMX4GX3M2A1600C8)

Video: EVGA 01G-P3-1373-AR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked EE 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 932 Black

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

SO my problem is that I have everything connected properly. I was able to do that. So I turn the power on and all the lights go on...my fans spin...the hard drives spin etc...All looks good. But I get no video output to the monitor so I can't enter the bios for the first time or whatever it is. I get the beep error that my memory is not compatible with the MOBO i think (anyone know how to check that out for me :) ) so i press the memok button and still nothing happens. This is my second set of memory bc the first one gave me the same problem (it was g.skill). So i really dont know what to do. I know on newegg.com the mobo says its for 2000 (oc)/1333/1066 mhz and my memory is 1600? is that a problem...I AM REALLY WORRIED SO PLEASEEEE HELP!!!!!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

More about : build booting

February 21, 2011 7:10:43 PM

Might be bad memory, might be bad mobo, might be both. i would get your mobo checked out. be sure that you are using a static bracelet and static elimination mat when you are working with your hardware. if you dont have these available make sure you touch something to ground yourself before you start pulling things out or putting things in your box. touching your power supply box while it is plugged into a wall should ground your body.
February 21, 2011 8:04:04 PM

Try booting with one memory card in one slot at a time. IE in slot one, then two, then three, then four. Then repeat process with other card.
Check all jumpers for proper positioning.
Use alternate video cable/conection point.
Try alternate slot for video card ( try another card if you can).
AT this point carefully remove cooler/fan assembly. Sometimes too much thermal paste can be a problem, especially if conductive.
Last is remove CPU and check for bent pins or plastic "threads/shreds" from shipping clamshell.
If none of this works you will need to individually test parts to determine which is not working.
IS the video card plugged in properly?
Last thing I've heard of is possibility an extra motherboard mount or something is causing short under board.
Unlikely, but you could check bios battery.
HOPING ON..
!